Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have a MMATS DHC 1400.2 Modded with a capacitor. I'm running it off of 2 Punch P3's now the thing that confuses me is I was running the same set up in 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier, and on a tinier fuse and it never blew. The amps gain isn't even half way turned up and it freaking slams. I bought the amp off a guy named Tyler Durden and he said the amp was in mint condition and nothing wrong with it. The shop told me the amp could have a bad Power Supply which I highly doubt. So, i'll have pictures of the set up tommorrow, I popped my hood 2007 Chevy Cobalt, and I can't find the fuse for the life of me lol. I'm gonna go to the shop tommorrow and probally get a new Fuse put in and just keep the volume half way up. I also have another amp, same exact thing modded with a capacitor, I might hook that one up and see if it pops the fuse.

I don't have the big 3 done, and I don't have back up batteries yet, and I dont know my voltage.

this sucks =(

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted

sounds like a pickle. I've never had any of the fuse blowing stuff your experience in any of the installs I have done gl though.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted
I have a MMATS DHC 1400.2 Modded with a capacitor. I'm running it off of 2 Punch P3's now the thing that confuses me is I was running the same set up in 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier, and on a tinier fuse and it never blew. The amps gain isn't even half way turned up and it freaking slams. I bought the amp off a guy named Tyler Durden and he said the amp was in mint condition and nothing wrong with it. The shop told me the amp could have a bad Power Supply which I highly doubt. So, i'll have pictures of the set up tommorrow, I popped my hood 2007 Chevy Cobalt, and I can't find the fuse for the life of me lol. I'm gonna go to the shop tommorrow and probally get a new Fuse put in and just keep the volume half way up. I also have another amp, same exact thing modded with a capacitor, I might hook that one up and see if it pops the fuse.

I don't have the big 3 done, and I don't have back up batteries yet, and I dont know my voltage.

this sucks =(

twigz i hate to tell you this but your amp might be shot when you modd those amps theres a 50/50 for the power supply to fail i have had a lot of mmats amps sent back because the protection is disabled so you might have to send in the amp and get them to detune it its about 125.00

i have one dhc300 sitting around just incase one of my 1400.1 burn up then i have two that isnt modded that way i can just bump a little just because the turn around time isnt that great

Posted
sounds like a pickle. I've never had any of the fuse blowing stuff your experience in any of the installs I have done gl though.

well, I said I needed a 300 Watt Fuse, it's a 3000 rms amp. Im running 2 of those, so I figured 300 watt fuse should be more than enough. Either, my voltage is to low with the volume all the way up, or I don't need such a big fuse like I thought, I'm gonna do a series of test i'm gonna buy a bunch of fuses, and im gonna hook up all 3 amplifers,and run a series of test. The fuse popped with the bass at Neutral, and the volume turned all the way up. I was bumping with the volume half way up or like 90% and it never popped.

does any one else have any trouble shooting ideas?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted (edited)

oh and i forgot to mention that if the speaker wire happens to hit the chassis of the amp its a gonner too there a -40vdc coming off the amp

Edited by RollinSoLow
Posted
twigz i hate to tell you this but your amp might be shot when you modd those amps theres a 50/50 for the power supply to fail i have had a lot of mmats amps sent back because the protection is disabled so you might have to send in the amp and get them to detune it its about 125.00

i have one dhc300 sitting around just incase one of my 1400.1 burn up then i have two that isnt modded that way i can just bump a little just because the turn around time isnt that great

I just saw this, that makes sense... but I don't want the amp detuned =(

I heard that to modding an amp is a 50/50 chance of fail but the amp didnt fail until I turned the volume full tilt.

this depresses me....

i emailed the owner and i'm waiting for his response.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted
well, I said I needed a 300 Watt Fuse, it's a 3000 rms amp. Im running 2 of those, so I figured 300 watt fuse should be more than enough. Either, my voltage is to low with the volume all the way up, or I don't need such a big fuse like I thought, I'm gonna do a series of test i'm gonna buy a bunch of fuses, and im gonna hook up all 3 amplifers,and run a series of test. The fuse popped with the bass at Neutral, and the volume turned all the way up. I was bumping with the volume half way up or like 90% and it never popped.

does any one else have any trouble shooting ideas?

whats your voltage when the car is off?

Posted
whats your voltage when the car is off?

I have no idea, I don't have a ohm reader, and I don't have a voltage reader.

my buddie TEAMBASSINURFACE doesn't talk to me anymore.

I can't rely on him for help.

he's going thru hard times or w.e and I guess he needs to stick with family instead of bass.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Posted
I have no idea, I don't have a ohm reader, and I don't have a voltage reader.

my buddie TEAMBASSINURFACE doesn't talk to me anymore.

I can't rely on him for help.

he's going thru hard times or w.e and I guess he needs to stick with family instead of bass.

whats a 2007 Chevy Cobalts normal voltage opposed to be at?

sum1 should know cuz everyone and their momma has a cobalt nowadays

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 954 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...