Sonic Electronix

does it blow right away or after a few minutes etc. said it requires 300 amp fuse, what size fuse are yo burning up, what size wire.

I forgot to add that.

i'm running 1/0 Wire from the batt to the amp, and than they grounded it from the trunk. They also used some plexi glass thing, where they put the terminals in. I'll have pictures up tommorrow. When I popped the hood I couldn't find the fuse holder. What happened was, I waited from 9 am until 2 pm for my install. They pulled around my car and was like ur all done, than they said theirs a problem and pulled it back in, so than he told me that my amp blew a 300 watt fuse. he said it could be the power supply of the amp. So, he told me to mess around with it and today 1st time actually putting volume at full with the Bass at Neutral, the subs just shut off. I'm pretty sure the fuse popped. If the amp is fried i'm be pissed as fuck cuz i fucking paid $450 for each sub.

I'll letcha know what the seller tells me cuz he was running 2 of these with 2 Kinetic 2400's and he had no power supply failure problems.

was hitting 150+

Edited by Twigz

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

whats a 2007 Chevy Cobalts normal voltage opposed to be at?

sum1 should know cuz everyone and their momma has a cobalt nowadays

should be at least 13.8 when running and about 12.6 to 12.8 when off but let me know what you find out im glad im not the only one running mmats :)

Edited by RollinSoLow

14.4-14.7 stock no system.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

heres pictures I took today as promised.

2007chevycobalt001lg4.jpg

Went to the shop today, and gave me a 200 fuse for free

said it was $45 to install it though.

2007chevycobalt002hw2.jpg

they mounted the amp to the box go figure.

2007chevycobalt003ha6.jpg

the capacitor is their, it's got tape over it to hold it in place.

2007chevycobalt004zo0.jpg

this is the 300 fuse they put in, they connected the 0 gauge to the battery which I guess is in the trunk. I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the cap off, so I can put in the 200 Fuse.

2007chevycobalt005fu0.jpg

these are the subs i'm running they get LOUD

this is what the seller told me to do.

"you'll need 2 300amp fuses and when you turn it back on check the lights on the amps to see if they are green or red". The shop told me that if this amp is blowing a 300 fuse, than 2 of them would cause a fire, and that the installer is never "wrong". However the shop has never had experience with MMATS and this guy does, and he was the one who had them before i bought them off him.

The shop ran out of fuses and said they'd have more on monday.

should I go with the idea and get a Distrubution Fuse holder and have two 300 amp fuses?

i'm so fucking pissed off right now.... I don't wanna go back to my P600 amp Rf.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

there is a direct short some where your gonna have to test everything out first start by up plugging the wires going into the amp if the fuse blowns when its not connected the power wire is grounding out somewhere in the car

if it doesnt blow then its something with the amp either the power supply is shot or the ohm load is way to low

twigz i hate to tell you this but your amp might be shot when you modd those amps theres a 50/50 for the power supply to fail i have had a lot of mmats amps sent back because the protection is disabled so you might have to send in the amp and get them to detune it its about 125.00

i have one dhc300 sitting around just incase one of my 1400.1 burn up then i have two that isnt modded that way i can just bump a little just because the turn around time isnt that great

I hatethat about mmats. My buddy has run a couple of their amps. When they go into protect you gotta send them in and it takes awhile to get them back to you:(. You're smart though by keeping some spares around:)

um.......did they install a fuse BY YOUR BATTERY, or just in the trunk? im surprised no one else caught that.

they said my battery is in the trunk, and their is only one fuse installed, and thats to the battery in the trunk. I popped my hood and I didn't see any fuse holder like how I did it on the beretta and cavalier.

I have a 200A fuse but they said it's $45 for them to install it? I don't even have the tools to get the fucking fuse out i'm so pissed right now, cuz I spent from 9 am until 2 pm, and $275 in the install just to have the fuse pop, and they tell me my power supply is bad? That's fucking bull shit because I ran the same fucking amp on 2 different fucking cars, a 1997 Chevy Beretta, and a fucking 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier, and the fuse was like 60A and 80A, and it never fucking popped, and plus I could set the gain at half way. The new car the gain wasnt even set past the 3rd line to half way and the shit was slamming like king kong.

To make matters worse, TEAMBASSINURFACE won't pick up his phone, and won't contact me, and I dunno wtf is going on with our friendship, but if he dont help me, I dun really know anyone who would.

im gonna check my email and see if the seller replied.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19