WillPwn4Food Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Okay so... As you all know I have a 2001 Ford Taurus. Pretty small car. Even better off, I have 4 CT Sounds Exo's walled off in it... So I have a good... Idk... 700lbs worth of weight in it... And I've noticed driving around town on ice, once I get to about 40mph, my back end starts to sway really bad. This has never happened any other winter. Is it because of the weight from my wall? Anyone else having this issue? Any idea how to help with it? Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
Jessica Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 My wall is just in front of the rear axle, car sits level. Dont really have any sway issues, but it has a bit more body roll around corners. I just adjust for it and keep it under 20mps around corners. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
WillPwn4Food Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 This is in winter on ice btw. In case nobody got that. My wall is just in front of the rear axle, car sits level. Dont really have any sway issues, but it has a bit more body roll around corners. I just adjust for it and keep it under 20mps around corners. Hhhmmm.... Interesting. I've noticed mine drives like an absolute tank. But the swaying is bad. Almost to the point where I'm afraid if I over correct the swaying, I'll spin out. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
Jessica Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 slow down maybe? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
WillPwn4Food Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 Clearly.... But I'm even afraid to take it on a highway/interstate. If I'm swaying at 30-40mph, what about 60-70? My hometown with friends and family is 120 miles away. That turns a 2 hour trip into at least a 3-4 hour trip and going 40mph down interstate.... Just as dangerous in my mind. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
Jessica Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 I don't know, my raggedy ass honda with raggedy as 25 year old suspension that was crap when the car was new drives fine on snow and ice with the wall. But maybe i am jaded. Do you have some bushing worn out that are just more noticeable with the weight. Does it seem like the gap between the fender well and the top of the front tire seem larger now with the wall in it. If the weight is lifting the front end it could make your car seem more "squirelly" Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
WillPwn4Food Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 No, the whole car is low as hell. Can kinda see the clearance there... Back end is completely bottomed out... Front has a little clearance (more than back) but not much. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
tacomaguy1 Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 No snow here, but my walled blazer drives fine on the highway....65-70 It is top heavy big time, gotta take it slow around corners especially freeway offramps Team Flex Issues
WillPwn4Food Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 I have no issues without snow. I can definitely tell it doesn't ride as nicely, but it still handles fine. In winter, not so much. I get better traction trying to slow down but while driving on the faster roads, it's scary. On off ramps I definitely have to take it easy too during summer. Tires start squealing real quick. Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893 real men dont use fuses Neither do moronsSays the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.
Skullz Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Think of it like this, you have added so much weight it acts as if you have no struts, which may even be shot from all the added weight you have put in it. Push down on the corners and see if they bounce more than once, if they come up and go back down after you push on them then they are shot and need replacing. Another thing that may help if you car does not have one is a sway bar, either add one or find one that is stiffer than your current one in the car if it is equipped with one. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.