Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Which way to face subs in trunk?


Skax

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have 2 p3 15,s in a Ported box and was wondering which way would be the best to face them in the trunk?

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Posted

Ive seen almost 100% subs back port back orientation in trunk cars unless you're sealing it off and dropping the rear seats. It could depend on the type of car you have, but I can't remember ever seeing any orientation other than that beside when guys port up through the rear deck

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Posted

towards the trunk lid. unless you want to seal off the trunk, then you'd fire forward.

hope that box is big enough for those woofers

Posted

Ive seen almost 100% subs back port back orientation in trunk cars unless you're sealing it off and dropping the rear seats. It could depend on the type of car you have, but I can't remember ever seeing any orientation other than that beside when guys port up through the rear deck

What if you want to keep the rear seats up? Would you still be better off sealing from the trunk or would I want to fire towards the trunk lid in that case?

Posted

I usually leave me sets down always unless I have people riding with me which I usually don't just me and my girlfriend and I don't think the box with fit sitting up without the subs hitting the trunk lol

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6112 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...