what are you willing to give up

my wheels are forged aluminum although they are 20"s im probably going to get some 18x12s and put dome drage radials on them for the track then switch back to my 20"s for the street

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I'm certainly no expert but the barrel is where all the weight is at the smallest you can fit is best for drag. I own a golf r and do little research on drag type performance but the fastest r's i see have 17". According to tire rack 17'S don't even fit. Also just realized you said forged...lucky. And since i was originally off topic aesthetics is what i would give up, I.E. smaller less attractive wheels.

One of my good friends has an SRT-4 that he mainly does highway pulls and dailies it in the summer. It put down 320 to the wheels last year with all supporting mods needed to go much further. Now he upgraded his turbo to get that closer to 400. Even though he could have kept his AC he decided to pull it.

I make fun of him every time I see the line of sweat on his back when he gets out of it at work.

If the entire goal of the car is to hit a number then fine, do what it takes. But if you daily it even part of the year then to hate driving it the other 99% of the time just isn't worth it to me. You will still be faster than the cars you're faster than and slower than those you are slower than.

It's all about what your goals are and what you are willing to give up to get there.

Static drops are my bag.

Why 18x12 unless you are going for looks

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

A 30 series drag radial?.... That's an oxymoron. Don't even know why they would make such a small side wall tire and call it a drag radial. Without sidewall flex, any power should be able to bust a 30 series rubber band loose.

18x12 so i can fit a 335/30/18 drag radial.... i 305/25/20s on my car right now and i cant hook for shit i can be at a 40 roll and mash it and break loose

You still don't want a 18x12..... Will be to wide to let the sidewall flex. . Go 18x10..... but be ready to trim the fender and cut the inside of the fender well... they aren't going to fit. ... and its going to have to sit pretty high. .... and then there's the custom made halfshafts you will need and some sort or torque arm fabbed up.

2012 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition-Singer 240A Alt, Odyssey Battery,Pioneer AVH-2550NEX head-unit, Pioneer GM-DX874 powering Kicker CSS67 front-CSC5 rear, and Memphis PR 1.1000 powering 12in SSA ICON in G.P. ported box.

2003 Tahoe-320A Alt, Odyssey Batt,2 Resilient Sounds Gold 15's sealed powered by Crescendo BC2000D, Turbulent Designs Ported box AVH601EX head unit and Pioneer 3ways in all doors.

they will fit.... they are going to stick outside the fender but they are small enough around to not rub im not slammed and i never will be im at stock height as it is right now im running 20x10.5 et35 with a 305/25 tire and i still have plenty of room

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived