Wiring 2 dual 1 ohm subs to mono block. Need some help!!

I am wanting to get 2 18" subs that are dual VC 1 ohm. The mono block i have has two sets of speaker inputs. Do I wire both subs to 1 ohm then put into one set of inputs or just hook both to separate inputs? Confused. Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS!!!

If it's a monoblock amp, then the two sets of speaker hookups are just to make wiring easier. Hook both subs to their own speaker input. If both subs are dvc1ohm then each sub will be wired at .5 or 2ohm. So you would want to wire each sub in series for a 2ohm load. then when both are hooked up to the amp it will be a final 1ohm load.

Option 1 (series/parallel) = 1 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 1 ohm mono 2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif
Option 2 (series) = 4 ohm load
Voice coils wired in series
Recommended Amplifier: Stable at 4, 2, or 1 ohm mono 2_1ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

truthsayer

Future reference website is the12volt.com

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Or just remember series adds the resistance together R = R1 + R2

and parallel will just be 1/R = 1/R1 + 1/R2

Better to learn how than get to something complicated and a website can't help you.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Archived