Dude2800 Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 I don't live in an area with a big car audio scene. I was wondering if people have a go to formula or an approximation of how much power you should run to the to the mid's and high's vs power to the subs(like 1000 watts for mid's and highs for every 3000 watts of sub). I know there's a lot of variables but, I'm in the planning process. Any input you can provide on what you would do or did will be helpful. I really like the StreetTalk/StreetBattles cars. I'm thinking on that level.
darkjds Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 i have around 1500 to my mids n highs (6 8s 2 10s) n 1500 on my bass 2 18s and every1 thats hears it says that the mid n highs r right on point with the bass. i might battle this summer too where u from? Current Setup: , 2 Fi sp4 18s in a big ass flat wall tuned to 23hz, Pioneer 80prs, 2 Digital Designs m3bs strapped @ 2 ohms, Banda ICE2000, Crescendo 800.4, 4 PRV 10MR1000s,4 Mclaren MLT300 Super Tweeters Kinetik 2000 XS Power 2700 & XS Power 3100s.
truthsayer Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 I say as much power as you can for the sub. Then for your mid's and high's the power should match up appropriately with your speakers. truthsayer
Kevin M Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 There is a lot of variables like you mentioned. A traditional comp set. (two or three way) on 100+ watts should keep up with most sub setups. If you are in the 145+db club then you might want to add more power or mids and tweets to keep the output level the same. A lot of people will go to pro audio due to their sensitivity. Most pro midranges are10db more sensitive and the tweeters can be 20+ db more so. I have 540 watts on my mids and highs and around 1200 watts on my 3 18" It's all system dependent. If I understand the street battle thing we are talking about a ton of mids and highs? If that is the case I would go with PA and a ton of clean power. Most of these vehicles I have heard the mids and highs kill the sub output. You can balance this all out with gain matching though. What kind of plan do you have? 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Dude2800 Posted January 5, 2014 Author Report Posted January 5, 2014 2 x18's on 2500 watts and still researching mid's and highs. Been looking at prv for midbass but not to sure about the highs.
Kyblack76 Posted January 5, 2014 Report Posted January 5, 2014 Dig over head on my front stage..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.