Ok im missing something or i need to go back to your old build. What happened with the X 12's and all that?

Edit: and as always clean looking man.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Ok im missing something or i need to go back to your old build. What happened with the X 12's and all that?

Edit: and as always clean looking man.

The X-12s are OOC right now. The surround is coming off the basket. At first I wanted to sell them to get money and just stick with SAs, but as soon as I switched back to my SAs I notice I really missed the SQ and the loudness of the Xs (it really is a big noticeable difference lol). I am about to get some silicone based adhesive and glue the surround back on. I will have my X-s back in hopefully by next weekend. I will have some pictures of the process.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Damn man that sucks. Still need to here this when you get your x's up and running in the new box.

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

• 2 weeks later...

I would try sealing it off again but thats just me.

141 on music.

fire to the front and seal it off. less vibrations and more output.

if those 8s are for mid bass then make some kicks for them or put them in the front doors.

I noticed you put no sound deadener next to/near your door speakers. that's pointless. those speakers will vibrate and sound worse with out the sound deadener right there. I personally put sound deadener covering every piece of metal. I even bolt the speakers down on top of the sound deadener for doors. also that wood piece to mount the speakers is great but you should make a full piece to cover the entire hole so you don't get any back waves.

other then that your on a good start but needs work. little changes can make some big differences in output and sq.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I would try sealing it off again but thats just me.

fire to the front and seal it off. less vibrations and more output.

if those 8s are for mid bass then make some kicks for them or put them in the front doors.

I noticed you put no sound deadener next to/near your door speakers. that's pointless. those speakers will vibrate and sound worse with out the sound deadener right there. I personally put sound deadener covering every piece of metal. I even bolt the speakers down on top of the sound deadener for doors. also that wood piece to mount the speakers is great but you should make a full piece to cover the entire hole so you don't get any back waves.

other then that your on a good start but needs work. little changes can make some big differences in output and sq.

I think I am going to just rear fire it for now, maybe in the future I will turn it around and seal it off. Thanks for the advice, when it isn't 15 degrees outside I can go and work on my doors some more lol. I don't have a garage and work out in the driveway.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

No progress yet on the box but I did make a purchase... Changing all my wire out for KnuKoncepts.. 1 run of 1/0 to the rear for sub amp, 1 run of 4 to the rear for mids and highs amp, new rcas (2 channel and 4 channel), 1/0 for Big 3, crimper and some ring terminals.

Untitled_zps46ee20bc.png

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Looks good, i had a pc in my last car and loved it. I decided to leave it out of this one though. I like all the stock features. I'm glad it's not 15 degrees here now, I was pissed the other day because of the cold and it was in the high 20's and i had to work on the car. I love seeing that battery under the hood, i spent a couple hours searching through battery measurements to see the biggest possible one to cram in there.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Archived