Jump to content

Natural sounding comp sets


TylerParrish

Recommended Posts

Posted

What're some more natural and smooth sounding components and coaxials? I likea smooth transition from midbass to treble, so maybe a papercone mid and a silk/soft dome tweet (not so sure about the mid, but the woven fiber cones my current ones have is not the bass I'm looking for). Price range is up to $500 for comps and $200 for coaxials

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter

Posted

I just installed some Morel Tempo 6's in my vehicle. A WORLD of a difference from the JBL MS-62c. The tweeter specifically. Lovely sound to them. Not harsh one bit, blends in very well with the mid with 0db selected. The mid range is very flat sounding. I don't notice any kind of breakup on some of the songs I listened to so far. They even seem to be louder too. Absolutely no distortion on full tilt (80rms) I'm really enjoying vocals on these sets more so than the JBL's. The JBL's were great too, but the metal tweeter was a bit too much. The JBL midrange isn't as good as the Morel's IMO. However, it seems that the JBL's had more midbass.

The Morel Maximo's are another very nice set too. I'm now a nut hugger of Morel :D. I bought the Tempo's comps off Ebay for $180. Fake or not, they definitely sound really good.

Since you're willing to pay $500 for Comps, maybe look at the Morel Virtus 602's?

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

the Focal PS 165 F3. at least thats what they claim and they are 3 way comps so i know they sound nice. down fall is they are 8-9 hundred $. I might buy these with in the next few months.

2012 Ram R/T

RF p500-4 RF - t1500-1bdcp - RF t252s - RF p132 - RF wiring all around - Kicker cvr's (x2)

Posted

Rainbow Germanium's

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1401 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...