CleanSierra Posted January 12, 2014 Author Report Posted January 12, 2014 Shoot, I forgot to post my favorite picture earlier. This is my favorite angle angle far: Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
jarrius Posted January 12, 2014 Report Posted January 12, 2014 Very nice man wish i was as skilled at box building and designing as half the people on here. Love the way you did the port 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
CleanSierra Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 Port with fist coat of paint. I have to let it setup and then fill where the the small areas where the Bondo didn't fill. I may go with a red port since the owner mentioned he likes red. Anyway, this is what I have so far I hate the way MDF eats paint up on the edges. A couple more coats and it will finally smooth out and gloss up The box should be carpeted and glued/assembled tomorrow. I just have to but the long ass screws and wire the subs up. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
john253a Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 I good tip if putty/primer in a can (might be called high fill prime) 1-2 coats then a light sand the 1 dust 2x wet and it will be like glass
CleanSierra Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 I good tip if putty/primer in a can (might be called high fill prime) 1-2 coats then a light sand the 1 dust 2x wet and it will be like glass Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 Thanks John. I usually do prime and sand a couple of coats. I did have filler on that edge along with glazing putty. It's no big deal though, just more work. I'm hoping this first layer of paint kind of acts like my primer stage and soaks into that MDF edge. I'm gonna mix just a little filler for the small areas that still need it and then sand down real quick. I'll get some updates later today Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
subsonicluv Posted January 14, 2014 Report Posted January 14, 2014 Looking good! That octo is going to turn out really nice! 04 Blazer Xtreme HU: Kenwood KDC-MP235 Front Stage: Lanzar MX6C Components Rear Stage: Lanzar MX693 6X9's Sub Stage: (2) Obsidian 18 D2 V2 Mids / Highs Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 704 Sub Amp: Boston Acoustics GTA 1000m Optima Yellow Top (up front) Singer 275A Alternator Future Plans: One More GTA 1000m (maybe) More batteries More runs of 1/0 Pioneer DEH-X7500S (on order)
CleanSierra Posted January 14, 2014 Author Report Posted January 14, 2014 I just went and looked at it, a little putty and another coat of paint will smooth everything out. I can't wait to get it knocked down today Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted January 15, 2014 Author Report Posted January 15, 2014 Got a little done today. I did another coat of paint on the port and I think I'm done at this point. I screwed and glued the double layer sub baffle and the subs are mounted for their last time with 3" screws, washers and nuts. I carpeted the end caps as well. I couldn't carpet the lid because the paint was still too wet. Pics or it didn't happen: Ends: Port: Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.