Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

that shows the 26kd out burbing 2 sundown 1500d's just useing the watts as a comparison thats 3000 outs sundown so how is the stetsom louder with less watts?

Did you skip over the part where the 2K6D drew more current?

Besides, .1 dB is pretty negligible for SPL testing. Unless the test car was super consistent. I can lose/gain .2 dB between two burps that are 30 seconds apart.

Also, the stetsom drew more current than it was rated for?

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

[quote

while looking at this 7kw's guts, them are pretty tiny.. I looked into stetsom a while back ago, and I just cant imaging these hanging on too long for daily abuse.

ive been bangin on my for a year and a half!!! in my everyday car!!!!! and i only know 2 settings loud and OH MY GOD

soooo whats a long time for these amps to hang on??? cause i aint stopin!

how about this if i burn one or see one burnt! i know alot people with them ill post it how about that

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Well, given that it would take at least ~220-230 amps to produce upwards of 3kw at 14.4 volts, using 4 gauge wire would be completely out of the question. 140-150 amps is the stated limit for most 4 gauge wire, thus why most 4 gauge wire kits will only come with a 100-150 amp fuse at most.

Which makes a lot of sense since the 2K6D has a 175 amp internal fuse.

Obviously, as the run gets longer the less current it can safely carry. And vice versa for shorter runs. But I still wouldn't try to pull more than 200 amps through a one foot section of 4 gauge.

I understand the wire runs, but how much could you cram into the input before it melts off the board? :lol: I would think if you have say a 1 foot or less run of 4G, how many amps could you push through it before it fails?

Would amount you could push through the input and the % over what a fuse could take = the output that people are claiming from the amp?

I can see that it would be a little more then anyone would want to push on a daily limit, but then again I really don't think people are pushing big power amps all day with out failures no matter the brand.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I understand the wire runs, but how much could you cram into the input before it melts off the board? :lol: I would think if you have say a 1 foot or less run of 4G, how many amps could you push through it before it fails?

Would amount you could push through the input and the % over what a fuse could take = the output that people are claiming from the amp?

I can see that it would be a little more then anyone would want to push on a daily limit, but then again I really don't think people are pushing big power amps all day with out failures no matter the brand.

Good question. Honestly, I don't have an answer. All I know is that if I'm expecting more than 1500 watts out of an amp, i'll be using 1/0 for sure. Better safe than sorry.

For a one foot run, you could probably pull upwards of 200 amps out of it, but thats really risking a lot. There's really no sense in risking burning your car down/burning equipment over a little piece of wire. You're better off getting some 1/0 and trimming it down to fit into the terminal.

I've seen plenty of people run upwards of 5kw on a daily basis with no failures. But those amps also had at least one set of 1/0 inputs. :)

As for the fuse, you could easily pull double the rated current through a fuse before it blows, but that's not really saying a whole lot for a daily driver setup. Most fuses can handle double their rating for a few seconds, enough to get a test burp off, but not enough to get that power out of the amp on a daily basis.

Now I've heard of people removing the internal fuse to get more power, but thats something I would only advise for competition purposes. Definitely unsafe for daily. Unless you have an inline fuse a few feet from the amp.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

hey joey congrats on your #. now you just have to make it official :)

Hey thanks Jack, i 'm also going to look at different batteries like the cs9000, i also have some new stuff up my sleave, that's if i can go back to my truck and work on it, too many g-14 builds i should of never told people i can weld, DOOPE i Didn't again :lol:

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Good question. Honestly, I don't have an answer. All I know is that if I'm expecting more than 1500 watts out of an amp, i'll be using 1/0 for sure. Better safe than sorry.

For a one foot run, you could probably pull upwards of 200 amps out of it, but thats really risking a lot. There's really no sense in risking burning your car down/burning equipment over a little piece of wire. You're better off getting some 1/0 and trimming it down to fit into the terminal.

I've seen plenty of people run upwards of 5kw on a daily basis with no failures. But those amps also had at least one set of 1/0 inputs. :)

Ok so say it's conceivable that you could get the all the power you needed into the input, then even less FET's then the other guys you could see the power they claim? Then If you assume their not using junk parts, it could stay together? Better parts could take more abuse?

Then take the 7K that is 2 boards now they have stepped up the inputs to 1/0 then the power wire on the inside was also stepped up, It would be safe to say that the 2 are getting a safer power supply then the 2 singles?

Wouldn't the 2 boards have a better time supplying power and sharing heat thus making it more efficient? and stronger? I've been reading like a fool tonight on the different types of amps and the class D is starting to see as much as a 95% or more efficiency

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

157.3 at world finals is prety official :)

I'm actually more happier about my 157.2 than my world finals # because i could only get a 155.5 with the 2150, and know i'm louder with the same battery by testing and opening my port a little.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Archived