Kenwood DDX470/DDX770

Has anyone used the DDX470 or DDX770 head units and can comment on them? I'm in the market for a new head unit for my Silverado, and thought I was limited to single DIN units, but turns out I can use double DIN's, and these ones look like they would fit the bill...iPhone connectivity, SiriusXM capability, front/rear/sub 4 volt outputs, etc. Probably going to stick with the DDX470 as I like having a volume knob to grab versus a full touchscreen, but the 770 is a possibility.

P.S. this is not to be a vs thread, I'm looking for opinions on both, seeing as how they are both similar, so usually what is said about one would go for the other as well.

POTATO!

I had a DDX896(slightly older model) and although it was eXcelon, it was badass. I liked the full 7" screen rather than having the 6.1" with the volume knob. I was perfectly fine using the supplied remote for volume and video controls. My vote would be for the 770.

As far as options go, both are similar with what they'll do. I would go by whichever looks best and if you want that volume knob .

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I have the DDX370 and love it. Kind of wish I got the 470 because of the bluetooth. There really isn't much different with the two. If you don't want bluetooth or need it just get the 370 and save some cash, thats what I did.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

I've got a 516 that's a few yes now it's a good unit does what I need it to easy to bypass. My only gripe is loading from an ipoh or USB with artwork is slower than I'd like.this may have been addressed in later models

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

The ddx370 only has 2v outputs..I installed one and it is nice and easy to bypass video in park function. I never was a kenwood fan always stuck to pioneers but this unit changed my mind..im just waiting to hear from some one with the ddx770 to see what they say I want one too..and the pioneer avh4000nex is just too damn expensive..

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

The ddx370 only has 2v outputs..I installed one and it is nice and easy to bypass video in park function. I never was a kenwood fan always stuck to pioneers but this unit changed my mind..im just waiting to hear from some one with the ddx770 to see what they say I want one too..and the pioneer avh4000nex is just too damn expensive..

I think the 770 has 4 volt outputs, so I should be good there. That's probably going to end up being my choice, would be nice if I could find one second hand to save some cash...and since I already have a DVD player (from previous owner) I will just hook it up to that. Should be pretty sweet. Shame I can't do a 5.1 system in it as well lol

POTATO!

Archived