2009 Nissan Maxima: Nexus 7 in Dash, Pioneer, Alpine, LEDs

Well didn't get any audio work done this weekend. I thought the tablet would get here so I could at least start making a fiberglass mold. Won't be here until monday. Got the car washed and quick waxed though (way to damn cold to really wax it). I'm going to be starting my fiberglass mold of the HVAC bracket here soon. You will see where I am going with it once things start rolling.

IMAG0854-XL.jpg

2009 Nissan Maxima SV Super Black KH3
  • Hardwired Beltronics 955 Radar
  • Pioneer DEH-M9400BH with Stock Bose Speakers
  • Custom fiberglass HVAC display
  • Nexus 7 Tablet w/ Custom Fiberglassed Magnet dock
  • KnuKonceptz Big 3 and wiring
  • 2 Alpine Type E 10's with Alpine MRP-M500

Build Log HERE

I've started on another one of these kits. I'm going to figure out which one I like better and sell the other one. I will most likely be selling it over at Maxima.org (more direct target). If anyone around here has an 09 Maxima and wants to shoot me a price for one, feel free. The problem at hand is I would really like to use the black HVAC housing that comes with the car but the part alone is around $100 and you have to buy the whole monochrome screen. I would be more than willing to make one of these for anybody (at a cost) but they would have to send me their HVAC screen, and a metra kit, so I can use their stock housing. My tablet is arriving today but it is soft bricked (the software won't load). Thankfully, I know how to get it into recovery mode and wipe everything using ADB fastboot commands. I'm starting the bracket mold and tablet mold tonight and I'll be sure to get pics. Been also craving to get a sub stage going. So hard when you don't have a garage and it is 0 degrees out. Anyways I got the oil and transmission fluid changed this weekend. My mom also ran over a dead deer in the car right before they sold it to me. She just told me about it and when I looked under the car, the majority of the plastic splash shields were gone. Nice little $100 fix.

IMAG0857-L.jpg

IMAG0858-L.jpg

Really freaked my out the Nissan NS2 CVT fluid was green.

Build Log HERE

No issues with it. I'm using my USB micro port to an HDMI Adapter. Then HDMI cable to a converter for HDMI to optical toslink which will run to the 3sixty.3. I'm not having any issues with it at all.

I did look that up btw, and I can't use it for my s3. But that's ok I like my idea. Thanks for all the info. Keep up the good work!

Nice ride man looking good

2010 Mazda 3

*Rebuild Time*

Subs - (2) AA Mayhems 12's
Sub amp - (1) Populus Audio TPA 6500
Headunit - Pioneer App Radio 2

Batteries - XS Power (1) D3100 up front | 6 XP950 rear

Wire - Sky High 1/0 Gauge wires and RCA's and steve's VM1

Alternator - Singer 260 Externally Regulated

Front Stage: (2) PRV Audio 10W650A (4) PRV Audio 8MR500-PhP-4 (4) DS Bullet Tweets | (2) 6.5 Components (Rear doors)

Mids & high Amp : (2) Populus Audio 100.4

Processor: Rockford 3sixty.3

The Build Log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/175922-2010-mazda-3-2-aa-mayhems-12-pg14-new-video/page-11

flakosignature1-1_zps0751010a.png

IMAG0861-L.jpg

Well the guy who sold this is officially an idiot. I just simply flashed the stock image and now I have a fully functional Kit Kit (Android 4.4.2) Nexus 7. It is the older edition but I got it for $60 32GB. Try to find one for under $150. Time for some fiberglass.

Build Log HERE

No issues with it. I'm using my USB micro port to an HDMI Adapter. Then HDMI cable to a converter for HDMI to optical toslink which will run to the 3sixty.3. I'm not having any issues with it at all.

I did look that up btw, and I can't use it for my s3. But that's ok I like my idea. Thanks for all the info. Keep up the good work!

Kinda sucks I have to send the Pogo dock back. There just isn't enough room for a dock mount. There really isn't that much room at all. I ended up ordering one of these. I'm going to have to do some cutting and soldering to add it to my 2.1 amp charger. I could just buy a 2.1 amp brick but I don't think those bricks work nearly as well as an all in one unit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141003964544

Because I want to the tablet to sit flush against the screen opening, I think I'm just going to use magnets and epoxy them into the back of my tablet and fiberglass mold I'm making of the tablet. If I were to make a true mounting dock that holds it into place, I will have to fiberglass around the front somehow. Does anybody know where they possibly sell hobby magnets? I need to pick up some suede anyways so I may just hit up Jo Anns and see what they have.

Build Log HERE

Home depot has NEO's now. In the hardware section. It's i a blue and yellow package. I just bought some last week cause I had the same thought on mine. I was going to pull the back of the tablet off, and see if the magnets will connect with the plastic backing between them. IF they will, I'm home free cause I don't want to epoxy them on the back of the tablet, and I don't really want to drill holes in it either. Although I could put a carbon fiber wrap on the back to take care of any flaws. Hmmmmm. Anyway, yes, home depot has them.

If you find another first gen nexus lemme know lol, screen on mine broke and I'm waiting to fix it before I buy the pogo charger. Really liking the build do far man!

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

If you find another first gen nexus lemme know lol, screen on mine broke and I'm waiting to fix it before I buy the pogo charger. Really liking the build do far man!

Go on ebay and search Nexus 7 broken. You will find dead ones the have fully intact screens. Or you can buy a complete screen replacement for around $62. It's actually one of the easier devices to disassemble. Anyways got some fiberglassing done. Wish it wasn't so cold her I could start assembling tommorrow. Need to stop by the rents house and pick up a hot glue gun so I have a way or temporarily assembling the mount and testing the lineup. Also need to go get some magnets. I'm just going to epoxy the magnets to the back of my nexus. I really don't care about the backs of this device because replacements are so cheap (around $6 on ebay). I've been playing around with this Tasker app for android. Really cool app. Allows me to control a bunch of functions when the tablets sees power from the car and when it doesn't when the car is turned off. Basically, I can turn up the brightness, turn on bluetooth and Wifi, turn up the media volume all the way, and start playing music. When the car is turned off, I basically have it set to go into sleep mode and conserve battery. This is basically going to be a perma-mount so I need figure out a way to preserve the battery as much as possible when it is off. I tested it last night buy leaving it on my nightstand for 8 hours while I slept and it only went down 2%. Amazing how much battery these things have when the screen is off and there is no cellular radio. Anyways here are some fiberglass pics.

IMAG0862-L.jpg

IMAG0863-L.jpg

Build Log HERE

Yea tasker can be really fun to mess with. I've gotten 7 hours out of my nexus 7 with Bluetooth navi and WiFi all on in my car. Ill be starting in the charging dock soon though.

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Archived