Sonic Electronix

switch between 2 sub 1 amp

Well today I have a questions for all the car audio people that may or may not be possible.

So to start, I Will be running a ported sub which runs at 4 ohms, and I have another sub in a sealed box which runs at 2 ohms on a Alpine MRP-M500 which only runs at 2 or 4 ohms so it wont handle 1.3 ohms. How can I connect the two subs to that 1 amp. Both subs dont have to be powered on at the same time. My idea was to have 1 switch to turn off 1 sub, so with the switch on the ON position the sealed is on and the ported is off, when the switch is OFF, the ported is on and the sealed is off. I would like to use 1 switch, but i have 2 so if i need 2 switches to make it possible let me know. I just need to know how to connect the 2 subs to the switch and to the amp.

don't mix different subs end thread.

(assuming they are different subs)

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Here's an idea pick one of the subs and just run that. why would you ever want to switch between two different subs what purpose does it have?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You ever think that maybe it's the ported box and not the sub? If you want sq ported with a flat freq response could be the answer.

Most people that want louder upgrade, same goes for.sq.

With out knowing subs and enclosure info no one can help

Research and you will find answers to all your questions.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

ummmmmmmmmmm, no! not if your box Is built correctly!

guessing your new to this huh?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Yeah he is new.

Just learn how to build a nice ported box with a flat freq response. I looked at other threads of yours. Based on what I read from those threads you have 2 of the same subs.

ask for a design or make one yourself. Premade boxes suck.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

i did not post sub brand because their is some forum bitches that start bitching about vs thread, so that is the reason i did not post sub brands and all the details. Just what i thought was needed i posted like the 2 different ohms. One sub box is premade which is the sealed and the other is a manufacturer which is the ported, if that helps.

Archived