Jump to content

Upset of The Day.....Poor Sundown.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Ok well I've been considered the "audio guy" around my town so I help pretty much everybody but never anything crazy because it's always like my buddies who don't have much to spend or they just don't want to. Anyways I recently met this kid from around here who helps his grandpa farm, so he has money. well needless to say, he wanted some audio, was told I was "the guy" and within 2 days of knowing the kid he dropped $1500 cash in my lap and said I need a full system. Only problem is, he has a single cab truck so I was super limited sub wise. So i knew I needed shallow mount and well being a Sundown Nut Hugger I knew about the SD-2's and it just seemed logical to go that route bc compared to other shallows the Sundown's look huge and are bigger then a lot of peoples full subs around here. I Obviously decided custom boxes so I had him take measurement for me (last time I ever do that, I will always from here on out do my own measurements) and here's why. I finished the first box to what his measurements were so I installed that while I was working on the second one (this was 3 days ago) well I guess he measured with his seat up farther or something bc he comes back today to get the 2nd one put in and he pretty much killed his first one. He moved the seat all the way back (after I told him not to mess with it bc It was perfect when I installed it, plenty or clearance and he could drive comfortably and everything) but there was also something in the back pocket and the sub, upon excursion, smacked the shit out of it and broke the dust cap and put some rips in the surround. I know warranty won't cover this and they don't sell recones for the SD's I don't believe, so it's just like :/ poor sundown. But at least the kid was cool about it and didn't try and blame me or anything just said "oh It still works fuck it, if need be I'll buy a new one they're cheap enough". Wish I could've got some grills or something to have prevented this. If I ever work on a single cab or something where space could be an issue like this again I will for sure find something because next time I might not get so lucky and they might try and blame me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7860 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...