Second Skin Audio

SQ HDS312D4 Box Build questions

timc31610

nice. did you ever decide on the placement of the sub/port? and post finished pix!

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

20140127_173615_zpsc1250add.jpg

20140127_173600_zpscedf8ce5.jpg

20140127_184331_zpsb11612e6.jpg

Went port and sub up, still not finished with the box. No glue yet, pretty much just threw it together to see if I liked the placement of the sub and port. I do! Even running on 500rms it slams! I have to say thanks to Joe X for the port and airspace suggestions. Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to pull the box, glue it, remove the screws, round the edges, glass and paint the inside. Not sure yet what I will do with the outside. I will try to get a video up some time today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXYbgZ187Tg

Before I get attacked....lol. I know I have to fix the electrical, only running 4ga welding cable at the moment but have Stinger 1/0 on order. Speaker wire, no it is not going to stay that way, or that size. Also have Stinger 8ga on order for that. Sound deadening... may or may not do it, this is my work truck and will be replaced in June with a 2014 F150 Screw, i may buy this one at that time so if I do I will deaden it then. I couldn't figure out how to post the video directly so if someone could enlighten me that would be great!

Thanks Osiris! Yeah it surprised me but my seams are pretty tight and as you can see there are a ton of screws. Once I get it glued and glassed it should be rock solid. I just ran test tones 20-60hz, 24hz is audible and it is brutal from 29-44hz so it has a pretty flat response. I can't wait to get a better amp on it!

That is why I ended up with this box. I had a JL Stealthbox with a 10 and it was clear as a bell and sounded ok but just didn't kick the way I wanted it to. I happened on an awesome deal with a SA-15 in a box that was nearly 4 cubes, I rode around with it sitting in my backseat for a couple days and got spoiled. I tried numerous different setups as a center console and just couldn't get the sound I wanted. So here I am...lol

The 12 is actually better! The 15 was sitting in the seat so it wasnt very stable and it was tuned too high. I tried really hard to fit a box big enough for the 15 in my truck but couldnt without giving up too much seating. So I went with this setup. Not sure what my boss will think about it but oh well...lol

Archived