Second Skin Audio

SQ HDS312D4 Box Build questions

timc31610

Hey guys, i am building a box for an HDS312D4 that I just ordered. This is going in the back of my 08 F150 Screw in the 40% portion of my back seat. Box will be 28"H x 20"W x 14"D ported with Aeros. I will be powering it with a Power Acoustic a2400db until I can get a better amp. Since I will occasionally have kids in the back occupying the 60% portion of the seat I was thinking sub and ports toward passenger door. Im looking for loud and low!

HDS312D4_zps41198050.png

That is my Torres shot, I was wondering if it looks ok. Is that too little or too much port area for that sub and is 3.37ft3 too much? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would shrink the box volume down to about 2.7 cubic feet at the most imo. Sq subs like big boxes but i think that may be to big

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

That i cant answer i am still learning about port volume and all that so i would not feel conferrable to say yes or no yet

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Sweet subs That truck will sound nice

93 Honda Prelude H22a 2 Deka g31s, Sealed off trunk, 50ft of deadner 3 cans of great stuff Big 3 in Stinger 1/0 gage 4 6x8s polk audio and 4 orion tweeters Mtx Ta3202 on 2 dd 6.5s Phd3 Sundown x 12.2 in a slambox tuned to 34hz at 1ohm<p>

I don't think a pair of 3" ports are going to be enough. I think you are going to get some nasty port noise with those. I'd go for a pair of 4" ports.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thank you Joe, I will try to get it worked out in Torres, I tried for a couple hours the other night and couldnt get it to work. I either ended up with high tuning or low net volume. Thats why I leaned toward the Aeros. As soon as I get something Ill post it for your critique.

Archived