Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4th Order Help. 80% Designed, port help!


boom50cal

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I have most of my 4th order designed up, did it all by hand with the calculator on my phone. 1728 is the magical number, found that out early on :)

Wanting to do this mainly to challenge myself, doing it all by hand without the use of torres or the similar.

External dims are below, followed by internal dims, using 1 inch wood all around.

EXTERNAL: 15h x 25w x 26 d. Internal dims: sealed section is 1 cube, 13h x 23w x 6d. Ported is like 2.8 after sub displacements/3.1 before, 13h x 23w x 17d.

If all my math is right, this is going to put me, hopefully after port displacement, right about 2:1-2.2:1.

Subs will be Fi SSD 10's paired with a Sundown SAZ-2000D, mounted from the sealed section, motors in the ported. Subs have a 6.5 inch top mount depth, 1 inch baffle makes for 10.5 safe inches of clearance from the front baffle.

For port, I was thinking 80sq inches, at 45hz? 10 wide x 8 high... It was fucking my head up the other day in class.

I realize some of my numbers are off, mainly the ported section. Forgot to count baffle in there until I typed this. Box can go deeper, but 30 inches deep is about all I want to do. Any help is appreciated!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

The best tuning frequency for a 4th order is the peak of the sealed side

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

  • Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 1761 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...