Second Skin Audio

4th order help

agf144

ive been wanting to do a 4th order bandpass in my 2000 grandprix ported through the ski hole. i have 2 soundqubed hds312s. was wondering if they would work well in a 4th order with a 2:1 (4 cubes ported 2 cubes sealed) ratio or if i should make just a normal ported box firing towards the trunk. also ive never built a 4th before so i would also like tips and help with the port size and tuning. im going for low end loudness (like 28-45hz) not spl.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

It's going to have plenty of displacement From subs/ port I assume. 2 12s That's going to be One big ass box for prixx. I would go with a ported box. Tuned 30hz Mmmmmmmmm.

<p>Pioneer AVIC 6000 NEX, JBL 660c Components - FI SP415- Arc audio xdi2000.1- Xs Power- 0 gauge, Big 3 Upgrade Dc Power xp270

It's going to have plenty of displacement From subs/ port I assume. 2 12s That's going to be One big ass box for prixx. I would go with a ported box. Tuned 30hz Mmmmmmmmm.

i was going to build it in the trunk and i dont need to put much back there. was just wondering if a 4th would get loud and low with those subs. and i like the 4.2 cube box i have tuned at 32hz and 4.2 cubes net but will be building a new box this spring or summer with birch or mdf when it warms up

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

According to soundqubed you should not do a 4th order. Since there subs are ment for ported boxes only you need to do a 6th order.

They also told me you can do a 4th but the sub will ware out fast due to the spiders

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

According to soundqubed you should not do a 4th order. Since there subs are ment for ported boxes only you need to do a 6th order.

They also told me you can do a 4th but the sub will ware out fast due to the spiders

i knew that they like big boxes thanks for clearing that up for me

No prob i just dont want to see some one do something then the subs end up failing and them having to spend more money on new subs or recones

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

That sub won't like a 4th order? I know it has a tight suspension but it seems like the hds3 series has a high qts which I believe means more sealed suitable than ported

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

As I said I'm just relaying what soundqubed told me about all there subs. If you want email them and see what they say about sealed boxes or a 4th order.

I just emailed SQ again to see what they will say so I can know if I'm giving false info, if I am I will correct every thing I am saying and I say sorry if I am wrong in advance.

141 on music.

im not callin you a liar or anything man just stating something i noticed. Hope theres no hard feelings or anything! I am curious to hear what they have to say about that sub specifically.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

No hard feelings at all man by any means. I know you where not calling me a lier ^_^ you are stating what the specs show. Thus is why i emailed them again to make sure. If I'm wrong I'm wrong and i learned something new ^_^. But If I'm correct tho...... i TOLD YOU SO!!!! (100% joking) Lol

141 on music.

Archived