Second Skin Audio

4th order help

agf144

What are you powering them off of? BTW, if I'm calculating correctly, your sealed will be 2.8 cubes resonating at 42 hz, which would make your vented 1.4 at 42. That would give you a nice flat curve. Though, the port will depend on the power you intend to run. My port area is about equal my cone area (516 sq in port, 558 sq in of sub). It's all about air velocity in the port. You want it below 36.5 m/s.

Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.

If you're going musical, sealed can absolutely be larger. Depends how flat you're trying to get. At the 2.8 and 1.4, the curve is literally a straight line from 30 to 50 hz haha. I'm not sure if I feel the 2:1 for music. Mine is a straight SPL box and I'm at 9 sealed and 21 ported. Damn near to that 2:1 and I wouldn't play music through it for money lmfao.

Right now I only have a 1200rms pioneer amp but am upgrading to a soundstream Rub2500 this summer. And thanks for all the help I've always been curious about 4th orders.

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Right now I only have a 1200rms pioneer amp but am upgrading to a soundstream Rub2500 this summer. And thanks for all the help I've always been curious about 4th orders.

What are you powering them off of? BTW, if I'm calculating correctly, your sealed will be 2.8 cubes resonating at 42 hz, which would make your vented 1.4 at 42. That would give you a nice flat curve. Though, the port will depend on the power you intend to run. My port area is about equal my cone area (516 sq in port, 558 sq in of sub). It's all about air velocity in the port. You want it below 36.5 m/s.

Wait isn't the ported section supposed to be bigger than the sealed or do I have that backwards

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Well there it is, you tuned to 46. I'm up at 55. To the OP, what are your trunk dimensions? I can draw something up for you.

Edit* I'm at 55 because that is where my sealed resonates and peaks impedance. Gotta get them numbers.

but i also had a wall recently that was 2:1 with 2 sp4s and when i had my port out it was tuned to like 65hz and i played i crazy bandwidth lol not doubting you but it sounds like youre saying you have to have a sealed side bigger than ported in a 4th to be musical

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

No, that's not what I mean at all! It seemed to me like you were saying sealed couldn't be bigger than ported, haha!

Edit* I 100% believe that you hit crazy bandwidth. Especially since it was a wall. Cabin gain ftmfw. You never really know til it's installed though. Trying to make it so the OP is more safe than sorry. Larger sealed gives you a much bigger buffer.

Archived