agf144 Posted January 24, 2014 Author Report Posted January 24, 2014 No, no. You can make basically any 4th musical, it's just safer to have a larger sealed. If the port will be 11" tall, you should make it right around 3.5 wide and 28 deep. Provided you go 2.8 sealed and 1.4 vented. Tohat seems like it would be super small for 2 12s Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
TZspeakersZac Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 Well, generally it would be but as far as I know AQ designs specifically for small boxes... Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
agf144 Posted January 24, 2014 Author Report Posted January 24, 2014 I thought aq/sq subs love big boxes not small Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
TZspeakersZac Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 I dunno. In any case, the response curve looks beautiful in the alignment I posted. Granted, that's out of cabin response, but that's a good starting point. If It gets any bigger it gets kinda peaky. I can screenshot what I'm seeing if you like. Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
agf144 Posted January 24, 2014 Author Report Posted January 24, 2014 Please Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
TZspeakersZac Posted January 25, 2014 Report Posted January 25, 2014 http://postimg.org/image/z2bmu560z/full/would not let me upload the pic... so I had to do it through an external site. No idea if you'll see it.LMFAO, it's making the whole thing a link. Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
agf144 Posted January 25, 2014 Author Report Posted January 25, 2014 Hmm maybe that looks good Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird.. He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke. 2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12 Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601 headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock mids/highs: shitty off brand
TZspeakersZac Posted January 25, 2014 Report Posted January 25, 2014 I thought so too. You will get some low frequency pickup because of cabin gain, but a-weighting more or less negates that. Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
CleanSierra Posted January 25, 2014 Report Posted January 25, 2014 AQ/SQ DEFINITELY like large boxes with lots of port. I'm not sure about the new HDS line, but the HDC line is that way. They even specifically say on the we site that they suggest larger boxes in general. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
TZspeakersZac Posted January 25, 2014 Report Posted January 25, 2014 Do they really? Hmm, okay. I dunno who I'm thinking of. Coulda sworn it was AQ or DD... Which are the same really so I assume DD likes em bigger as well. Nah man, it's cuz of the bass.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.