3.Sixty With the bose in my CTS 12'

Hey guys, tried searching through the forums but couldn't find what I was looking for.

So I recently bought a 2012 CTS with the bose stereo. From what ive read, it would seem the sub level lowers as main volume increases. After reading the manual for the 360.3 I can't tell if that would be able to correct that with its auto correction systems. Anyone have any experience with this?

I thought about bypassing the bose amp, but the HU doesn't actually control the volume, a signal is sent over GMLAN to the amp where volume is controlled. Still scratching my head over who ever thought that was a good idea. :\

Plan B is that the rear door speakers are a full range signal (not 100% sure yet, car is parked for winter so haven't tried testing yet), stealing from there and running the whole system off that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Im not trying to be rude, but what exactly are you asking? What are you trying to accomplish? Is your problem that the sub level decreases due to an increase in volume? If that is the case it may be the auto correction system within the Bose system attempting to prevent distortion.

Sorry if I am telling you what you already know but im not sure what the question is.

Im not trying to be rude, but what exactly are you asking? What are you trying to accomplish? Is your problem that the sub level decreases due to an increase in volume? If that is the case it may be the auto correction system within the Bose system attempting to prevent distortion.

Sorry if I am telling you what you already know but im not sure what the question is.

I need to sum the front , hi passed speakers and the lowpassed sub. The 360,3 will read the freq response for the channels and make it fairly flat. But im wondering if the auto correction in the 360.3 has the capability of correcting the sub level decrease. I want a signal that doesn't decrease. Thanks

New OEM integration processors from Audiocontrol do exactly what you are referring to...restore bass rolloff. Its called AccuBass.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/c298/1262/Support.html

thank you sir, saw this the other day. im not sure if I like the idea of the processors tho, so I decided im gonna put an Ipad mini in the dash. Hope it goes well

Hmmm.OK. I thought you wanted a processor that summed your speakers and fixed the bass rolloff. An iPad is not gonna do that. Even if you had an app, it would still be in front of the process that rolls off the bass. You need to be after that to fix it. Either 3sixty3 or Audio control will do it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hmmm.OK. I thought you wanted a processor that summed your speakers and fixed the bass rolloff. An iPad is not gonna do that. Even if you had an app, it would still be in front of the process that rolls off the bass. You need to be after that to fix it. Either 3sixty3 or Audio control will do it. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ya I mean totally separate from factory, prefer to start with a blank slate. Probably gonna go Ipad through sony HU with the app remote feature. Now gotta figure out if I can take the factory stereo out without it causing havoc with the computer lol.

Thanks for help man

Archived