KickerKid58 Posted January 23, 2014 Report Posted January 23, 2014 Hello all! Finally saved up enough to grab a carload of RF gear I am about to purchase a few pairs of P165-S component speakers and a R400-4D, but wanted to double check on the power matching real quick. I know a good chunk of the RF amps are under rated, and was wondering if that is usually the case with their Punch line of components as well.. The components are rated at 60watts rms and the amp is rated at 75watts rms, everything at 4 ohms. I figured they'd do just fine as long as all gains are set properly etc. but i figured I'd double check to see if anyone has had any experience with em? Any thoughts? --Andrew 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 DC Level4 12" Soundstream TA1.3000d 4 RF Punch 6.5" Components 2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways RF Prime 400.4D XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build
bcbrassard Posted January 24, 2014 Report Posted January 24, 2014 You'll be fine! Set gains properly and enjoy! i Have a set of T2 comps being over power by 25 watts and they love it. Just watch they amount of pwoer going to the tweeters and EQ properly so they dont blow.
KickerKid58 Posted January 27, 2014 Author Report Posted January 27, 2014 Awesome thanks man! 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2 DC Level4 12" Soundstream TA1.3000d 4 RF Punch 6.5" Components 2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways RF Prime 400.4D XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build
ROLEXrifleman Posted January 27, 2014 Report Posted January 27, 2014 proceed with caution. 75 watts is 25% over rated RMS. I don't question that the amp will put it out, I'm curious how much more it may put out though. Your treading on thin ice so make sure your on top of the gains and distortion. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.