Audiocontrol ?'s

Haven't been back to the site in awhile as i been away from car audio lately, but it's about that time to get back in it. So i come back to the best site for the help i need.

So i have a 2013 tundra crew max that is equipped with the factory JBL system. The JBL system is also equipped with a factory JBL amp. Well the JBL system also has a navigation so i would like to keep it in the truck. I have a wiring diagram to try and figure out the splicing i would most likely need to do. I am wanting to change out all the speakers and do a much better substage. What i would like to figure out is a good starting point. There is not just a simple bypass connection I am able to buy i have tried looking. I am sure i would need to get a processor of some sort and splice all speaker output from factory amp but i am unsure. Any help would be great. Also I have tried Tundra forums and Toyota forums but no help in the audio department other than this diagram.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/attachments/tundra-audio-visual-discussion/3320d1254799260-09-tundra-10-spkr-jbl-system-wiring-diagram-amp.pdf

Audio Control makes a GREAT OEM Integration Processor ...

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/17612/763279/OEM-Integration/DQ--61.html

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

So it is the same basic concept as keep a factory radio without a factory amp? I do have some concerns though. Since my truck has 7 speakers up front 3 in the dash 1 in each door and 1 tweeter in each a pillar and i am looking at the wiring diagram and it seems that the door speakers are on their own wire and the dash speakers and tweeters are wired in together. I figure they are like this due to the factory amp crossover points. So if i am thinking correctly the door would be like a midbass and no high frequencies and my dash speakers and tweeters are more of the higher mid range. So with them being wired from a different wire and i pull the output from the door speaker off the factory amp would i be able to get high frequencies from that? That's what a high end processor should do correct is give me a flat signal?

frontspeaker.jpg

So I was looking at this for my truck. This here displays the front speakers. The front door speaker receives a mid to low frequencies which are pins 1 an 2. Now the 3.5 speaker and tweeter receive a mid to high frequency which are pins 7 and 8. This is just for the front left speaker only. Now i want to add an audio controller LC7i. To get a full range input would it be ok to wire pins 2 and 8 together along with 1 and 7 together and plug the in the input of the audio control?

Didn't read everything. Too long. Lol.

Do you want to change the speakers and add an amplifier?

If so, the lc6i will be a great choice. I used that on my 2012 tundra when I had it. I would suggest running all new wiring for the mids and tweets and possibly disconnecting the center one. I left the dash speaker hooked up to factory power since they have a real warm low sound.

You should look at the dq61 since you have the oem amp.

Aren't you on the Toyota tundra forum?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Yes plan on changing all the front speakers and getting a 3-way component set in all the factory locations. I may leave the center speaker but undecided as i want to hear how it would sound. Yes this will eventually be a total rebuild minus the rear speakers. Plus i need to decide how much i want to move the rear seat forward to decide a sub stage as well. However first i want to get the confusing stuff knocked out first. Everything else is easy.

Yes i am part of tundrasolutions forum but i don't go there much anymore since they don't allow me selling bulk items and not paying for being a vendor. Well rules are rules i guess. I am also in tundratalk but dont get much help when speaking in the scale of audio equipment i am talking about. Plus not many people upgrade their JBL systems.

Just asking cause your user name looked familiar on a different tundra site.

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Archived