solder fuse holders

has anyone else had this idea to solder fuse holders with set screws that hold the wire in place? i am talking aboit removing the set screw and useing that for the whole to fill with solder. or would it be better to strip just a little extra off the wire. still use the set screw to hold the wire in place and use solder? I recently had my wore burn up because I think the set screw came loose.let me know what you guys think if this would be a good idea or no.

Don't do that. Chances are your set screw wasn't tight enough in the first place.

Also: I've noticed that style of fuse holder tends to loosen up a little bit over time. Especially under the hood. I go through and tighten mine every month, can usually get between 1/4 and 1/8 turn out of the set screw

You can do that but it is set up for set screw. Do like Snow said.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

No. If the strands of wire shift or something, which they will, all that will happen is you've made it harder on yourself.

Either do what I said above, and just accept that as part of regular maintenance of your car, or solder/crimp some terminals on your wire and use this style of fuse holder. Even still, it's not a bad idea to periodically check on your equipment and tighten stuff as needed

0003399102397_500X500.jpg

Archived