jmfrb1 Posted January 25, 2014 Report Posted January 25, 2014 Pretty much as the title says I need to know what some good high to low converters are, that don't distort like crazy, since I don't want to lose my stock hu since it is a new car. So please any help would be greatly appreciated
RidingTooLow Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 I recommend something like the AudioControl LC6i. It will keep all factory controls, including steering wheel and onstar, and sum and the signal and boost it before your amplifiers. It's about $200, but worth it.
truthsayer Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 If your talking about a simple pac line converter, here you go. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EAWS3W/ref=s9_simh_gw_p263_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_r=18MYEFE3JF9WENRGJ0BT&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200322&pf_rd_i=507846 truthsayer
Guest Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 powered line converters > the passive ones.
jmfrb1 Posted January 26, 2014 Author Report Posted January 26, 2014 What are some good powered ones? I've always had an aftermarket hu so never cared to pay attention to what's good/bad for this
poorfish88 Posted January 26, 2014 Report Posted January 26, 2014 The LC6i and the LC7i I have installed for friends work flawlessly. They convert shitty factory radio signal to a reliable good sounding RCA. I was hoping Steve would bring to market the converter he was working on but it's still a no go. AudioControl is all made in the US and well know for making quality products.
jmfrb1 Posted January 26, 2014 Author Report Posted January 26, 2014 Cool guys thank you for your help. if there's any other products/brands that are worth mentioning for this please let me know. If I go audio control it may be a while before I can even think about ordering. Its already going to be a tough install due to the fact I lost literally EVERYTHING (audio wise) except my subs amp and box when my car was totalled so now I have to almost start from the ground up
WastedTalent Posted January 28, 2014 Report Posted January 28, 2014 Why did you lose everything? I totaled my car and kept....everything. Head unit, amps, subs, mids, tweets, remote start, etc. Kept...it....all Sheena = pedobear
bcbrassard Posted January 28, 2014 Report Posted January 28, 2014 I have ran the LC7 in a couple installs and its a clean unit. Easy to use and does a great job. They are a little spendy and a PAC may be more suited for your needs. There are other brands out there that work fine as well. Heres a pic of what mine looked like installed.
jmfrb1 Posted January 29, 2014 Author Report Posted January 29, 2014 The doors where smashed so I couldn't get to the speakers and my wiring was accessed by getting the driver side if the car open to get under the carpet (that's the side that got hit and it was stuck shut) i ripped out subs amps and hu. That was all I could manage to get before the car was towed and those were the objects I was more focused on getting.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.