Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

PSI recones


Flatsfisher8

Recommended Posts

Posted

Waiting on a response back from the people over at PSI, i'm looking around at my recone options for a couple m2 xl 15s I picked up today, i've heard nothing but great feedback on psi, was wondering if i could get some more opinions? And how are their prices comparible to the actual dc recones?

Posted

I loved mine. Would deff order recones from them again! Better pricing, and way beefier then DC's.

I had M1 XL 18s, and was roughly 300 shipped for both. So, in the end. It was better, and cheaper. And didn't have to worry about triple joint's failing from not enough glue....*cough*

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*


*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Posted

prices are about the same. i got quoted $350 for 2 drop in recones for 2 sundown Zv.3

get your recones from DC. nothing like having it original. unless you want something custom done

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/level-recone-kits-p-227.html

Posted

Awesome, thank you, i'm hoping they respond quick, im pretty impatient to get the 15s up, plus im excited cause the psi recones i've seen are pretty sexy too.

That's not bad at all though, i'd be happy paying that, hopefully a little less for the 15s.. Do their kits include everything needed like the dc kits?

Posted

I do want something a little different as well, i like adding a little flavor to my stuff. Gives everyone something to talk about, and keeps people from trying to get the same thing as me. Everyone seems to say they take abuse a little better.. My main concern is do their kits include everything needed.

Posted

Awesome, thank you, i'm hoping they respond quick, im pretty impatient to get the 15s up, plus im excited cause the psi recones i've seen are pretty sexy too.

That's not bad at all though, i'd be happy paying that, hopefully a little less for the 15s.. Do their kits include everything needed like the dc kits?

They don't include the glue needed to glue em to the basket. But i went and bought about 5 tubes of general strength loctite epoxy from menards, and went overboard on glue. And they are rock solid. But other then that, everythings there lol. Other then your solder to solder leads to basket or doing direct leads.

When you do glue them, wait a minimum of 24 hours to dry. If you use epoxy, make sure you mix both tubes together really good before applying. Still wait 24 hours minimum. I waited about 2-3 days cause it was cold, and i didnt mix right. But ended up hardening later on.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*


*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Posted

Buy the epoxy with the premix nozzle tubes included. Makes life easy and less waste.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Posted

Awesome, thank you, i'm hoping they respond quick, im pretty impatient to get the 15s up, plus im excited cause the psi recones i've seen are pretty sexy too.

That's not bad at all though, i'd be happy paying that, hopefully a little less for the 15s.. Do their kits include everything needed like the dc kits?

They don't include the glue needed to glue em to the basket. But i went and bought about 5 tubes of general strength loctite epoxy from menards, and went overboard on glue. And they are rock solid. But other then that, everythings there lol. Other then your solder to solder leads to basket or doing direct leads.

When you do glue them, wait a minimum of 24 hours to dry. If you use epoxy, make sure you mix both tubes together really good before applying. Still wait 24 hours minimum. I waited about 2-3 days cause it was cold, and i didnt mix right. But ended up hardening later on.

I gotcha, doesnt sound like it'll be too bad.

Cant wait to get em in!

And do yall just put your epoxy into a medicine cup or something of that nature and just brush it on?

Posted

Awesome, thank you, i'm hoping they respond quick, im pretty impatient to get the 15s up, plus im excited cause the psi recones i've seen are pretty sexy too.

That's not bad at all though, i'd be happy paying that, hopefully a little less for the 15s.. Do their kits include everything needed like the dc kits?

They don't include the glue needed to glue em to the basket. But i went and bought about 5 tubes of general strength loctite epoxy from menards, and went overboard on glue. And they are rock solid. But other then that, everythings there lol. Other then your solder to solder leads to basket or doing direct leads.

When you do glue them, wait a minimum of 24 hours to dry. If you use epoxy, make sure you mix both tubes together really good before applying. Still wait 24 hours minimum. I waited about 2-3 days cause it was cold, and i didnt mix right. But ended up hardening later on.

I gotcha, doesnt sound like it'll be too bad.

Cant wait to get em in!

And do yall just put your epoxy into a medicine cup or something of that nature and just brush it on?

I used cardboard, and a bondo spreader to mix. Not sure what would be more efficient though. I wouldn't use abrush though. Would clog up the brush I would think as thick as it is.

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*


*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

Posted

I can vouch for psi. I ran a single fi bl 18 with psi soft parts I really liked that single sub setup. Now I'm about to run two of these subs. Psi knows their soft parts for sure. Most times it takes them a while to respond unless you respond to a previous email from them. I believe they send the glue and all. I have sent mine in both times. They charged me the same for sending in the subs as they would have charged to send the soft parts.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...