1990 Corvette Speaker Replacement??

OrionStang

Ken, my sis had a '90 convertible with the Bose setup. I believe the door speakers had a Bose emblem on them. You're definitely correct on the individual amping at each speaker, they're a bitch. Like I said though, I remember seeing the Bose badge on the speaker grilles. Hope that helps

Just read your one response. If you're not seeing the badge I think you're in luck.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

When I pulled my factory amp I had better SQ but loss of power. Reason for the SQ is that those amps have nonadjustable crossovers set specifically for the factory speakers. If you put speakers in with different specs it might not play certain frequencies correctly.

I would try to convince him to get an amp and run fresh wire. If you just do the front stage and get him to forget about the back it would fit the budget.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Its got the Bose system. But, its got an aftermarket deck. So I told the kid to take it to a shop and ask them if the Bose stuff is bypassed, or if it has the harnesses.

I am thinking he should strip the Bose stuff (if its still there) and run a small four channel amp, 6x9s in the back and 5.25 coax up front. Simple but loud without major fab work.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived