ReaperX Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 Hello, I've recently bough a RF amp, but I dont have any system installed in my car yet, so I cant test it in my car I have a battery, some terminals and wires Can I just hook up the amp positive to battery positive and amp negative to battery negative and see if it turns on? Do I need a remote signal?
zayres29 Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 just put the remote on the 12+ on the battery so... ground pos 12+ and remote 12+ Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
P4killer_ Posted January 29, 2014 Report Posted January 29, 2014 Yea use a 3.5mm aux to Y rca cable. I just had one laying around. Play music from phone to amp rca in put. Hook up some or even a single cheap speaker woofer w.e and play the appropriate music or tones and watch it work Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
ReaperX Posted January 30, 2014 Author Report Posted January 30, 2014 Can I really do that? That would be interesting! Gonna try to set everything up tomorrow! Lets see them working
P4killer_ Posted January 30, 2014 Report Posted January 30, 2014 Ive done it like countless times. Just set the gain at minimum. Filters at roughly where they go. Its just a test to see if it works. I turn it on and play for idk 30 sec max. Hell sometimes I just brind an old mid or sub or w.e and use alligator clips to hook it up really fast. Phone plugs right in. Either it plays or it doesnt Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.