05 Mustang 3 way or 2 way components

cj92

I have an 05 base model mustang and was wondering if it would be better to go with a 3 way component set or a 2 way , Because I already have a 3 o2 Component set and was wondering if i use this how i should set it up because I'm really nervous about cutting into my doors. Thanks Guys

If you have never cut into your doors then I would say just go for the 2 way and sell your three way.

It also depends if you want to shell out any cash for new door molds when you sell the car. Think of the big picture here. Audio is nice but if you are more worried about messing something up or keeping it stock for when you sell the car then just keep things simple.

Does the higher model stang of the same year have 3 ways? If so then see if you can buy the molds already made.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

factory location of front door speakers is up high. the shaker system mustang have a midbass in the door but it is bigger the the one in the 3 way i got.

Fuck, those mids are deep. Do option #2 I mentioned.

SOB.. Any recommendations on how to dothat or to make that work lol remember im new to all this lol

You could do the 6.5 down low. Just cut the right size hole. Then, the mid and tweet in the stock location. Cut a piece of 1/2" mdf to fit that space, then cut openings for the mid and tweet to mount to.

This is very basic. Mustangs have a huge door that are hard to get midbass out of. BUT, its a good start.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

you're saying i should put the woofer and tweeter together and put the mid on the bottom?

Archived