Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Tuning for a 4th order enclosure???


Keveeno

Recommended Posts

Posted

I listen to a lot of rap, hip hop, and decaf music. I love the lows. What would you suggest that I tune my 4th order enclosure to? I know that a 4th order tuning is usually higher than your average ported enclosure.

Posted

with my 4th order i tuned to 42 hertz on paper, however the sealed resonance was around 38 hertz in the car.

i played 19-50 hertz, and 30-40 was flat, sounded real good

i kept the ratio closer then normal, 1:1.5 i think this helped with the musical aspect also i had space issues.

Posted

Fourth orders are finicky beasts, so it's impossible to say without knowing which subs. It also helps to know what it's going in.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Posted

I'd tune to atleast 45hz or even higher. The last 4th order I had played down to 23hz with authority and it was tuned to 42hz and 55hz and it played just as low with each port. You dont have to tune low to play low, that's the point of 4th orders.

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Posted

The low end response does not come from the ported section of a 4th order bandpass, it comes from the sealed chamber. The ported chamber dictates where the high end rolloff will occur. It's not even just THAT simple. The rolloff is also determined by the sub in question, the vehicle and cabin characteristics. Proper designing is also the other key to getting those lows you want. Port area will be key in getting results and more than anything, testing, testing, testing. I wish there were a simple answer or formula for you, but this is why we have to build, test, repeat.

I wish you luck and will love following the build log ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2855 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...