Sundown Audio

What to power SA10D2 under 250

lesstutrey

yea I'll make a video of my destroying the Rf P2. i just hope it goes quick because my phone wont let more then a 2 minute video load from photo bucket.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Ok, so there is obviously one competitor to both these amps, put out by the same brand, rockford fosgate. The R750.1D and the R600.4D but there seems to be a mixed bag on RF.. some people love, some people hate. The 750w would be like 40 dollars cheaper and 600w (vs 680) would be like.. 17$ less, so 67$ savings. Pretty sure i'm just gonna go the SQ route.. as i wasn't recommended RF. Definitely gonna replace the RE, amps should match in a show car imo.

Oh, question regarding these amps which their site doesn't seem to answer: fuse ratings for the amps... one has 2x40 onboard (Q4) and the other has 3x30a so 100a fuses should be good, right?

Actually was rethinking this. I got a dual amp kit with terminals etc, that has a 0/1 run to a distribution block with dual 4 gauge fused output. However, i'm running a trunk battery (XS D3400). The 0/1 is actually gonna be unfused link to the starter, and am probably gonna add in a live wire kill solenoid for it. So the two 100a i got for the dual fuse distro block (which currently has 60a's in each slot, may run a 60a to the q4 since it will be at 4 ohm and is overpowering my ID CTX 65s by 20% so will probably be much lower than the clipping point on gains) will be all i need apart from the 200a for my alternator charging wire (200a alternator) which is coming from a 4 channel kit with 4 gauge wire. I also got a triple battery terminal splitter for the XS, so this should all work out well.. plenty of terminals to connect to. may need to do a very small run of 0/1 to the distro block, no biggie, have an inline fuse from the dual amp install kit that i can put a 200a into if really needed (guessing it has a fuse included since it has a inline ANL holder for the 0/1 but it wasn't listed as to what amperage it was). Of course i'll do a big 3 grounding as well.. pretty much required with a trunk mounted starter.

hum, aj wants to destroy his RF P2, and i have this JL W3v1 12" i've had for ages.. wonder if it would take the 750w+ the q1 is putting out.. i mean.. possibly... and i have 120fps video cam..

Ok, so there is obviously one competitor to both these amps, put out by the same brand, rockford fosgate. The R750.1D and the R600.4D but there seems to be a mixed bag on RF.. some people love, some people hate. The 750w would be like 40 dollars cheaper and 600w (vs 680) would be like.. 17$ less, so 67$ savings. Pretty sure i'm just gonna go the SQ route.. as i wasn't recommended RF. Definitely gonna replace the RE, amps should match in a show car imo.

People saying RF is trash are wrong and clearly do not know what they are talking about.

RF has some of the best amps quality wise and considering price/performance.

I would take RF over CT sounds and AQ/soundqubed and certainly audio technix. (higher quality standard, better customer service)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived