Second Skin Audio

Box help and ideas

KenC210

Max dimensions 58 W x 17 H x 9.5 D1 x 6.125 D2

I get 5.31 cuft before displacement or bracing and wood is 3/4 or I get 5.86 cuft before displacement or bracing in the torres calc. I am wanting to do 4 sa 10's but curious about volume restrictions. Wanting to do aero port to help save space but was unsure how to plug it in the torres. I checked at PSP-inc.com and it said 8.13215 for 35hz so I plug 8.175 but shows me im at 30hz in torres.

Yeah... Looks like I may need to re consider my sub stage. I am planning on get the ct 2500 what kind of recommendations we looking at for this amount of power. Trying to get loud and willing to spend around 1000 for subs.

Alright so i was checking it a bit closer now that the game is over... I will most likely stay with the 4 sa 10's if I can make them work. I would consider some other subs you could nix my last budget on subs. I have a bit more to play with than 1000 for the subs. So how does this spec sheet look for the application?

Tundraspec_zps2cda9e48.jpg

Question time.

in your original post you sai 17" height, in torres you have 27" height. Which one?

port area seems low, but hard to say unless you know for damn sure what subs you are using.

with a depth of 9.5 at the bottom that gives you about 6" depth to work with at best. So keep that in mind when choosing subs.

Do you have google sketchup?

its nice to have it to model boxes in so you can see exactly how things are going to look and how much space you actually have in the box.

i'm no box expert, so i can't help too much with an awesome box, but i know enough to say that currently i think it will probably not perform well with those specs.

just speaking to the mounting depth. When you have an angled front or back you can see the measure the depth really easy with sketchup. the mounting depth will be different at the top of the magnet than the bottom. Plus it helps to see how ports are going to fit and makes it nice to get the placement in the best place.

You can also add bracing like wooden dowels or whatever and you can figure their displacement really easy with sketchup.

Archived