Second Skin Audio

box tips for 4 sc'd dd 9518's anyone?

I was thinking just do two but we had the money for four so what hell why not Ya know.

because it wont work properly

should have spent the extra money in electrical and other upgrades.

We already have a high amp alternator, and a lot of xs batteries nice power cable and sound deadener. I know if won't work it won't work and we'll have to do something different. But making it work right is the cool part to me it's all good.

You think you have 26 cubes AFTER sub and port displacements? That's a bigger box than I made for the Suburban for behind the C-pillar all in the cargo area. In order to still have clearance for any kind of port to breathe, I don't think you have the room. I believe a wall will probably be your only way. What are your dimensions that you're dealing with.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You think you have 26 cubes AFTER sub and port displacements? That's a bigger box than I made for the Suburban for behind the C-pillar all in the cargo area. In order to still have clearance for any kind of port to breathe, I don't think you have the room. I believe a wall will probably be your only way. What are your dimensions that you're dealing with.

right now we are seeing how everything would work with a box 48w 28tall and 38 deep

With a double baffle, which is the absolute minimum I'd run on that box and more than likely I'd triple it, that's only 25.xx cubes beside sub or port displacements. Port will eat 1-2 cubes depending on which style you go with and subs will eat another .80 or so(me giving a generic value of .20 per sub).

So my rough math says you've got 22-23 cubes to work with. That's 5.5-5.75 cubes per, that's all you've got. That's still me guessing with rough numbers. With 38" of depth, how much clearance before the hatch do you have, or is that every useable inch you have. You'd need clearance for that port to breathe.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived