Increasing volume in audacity?

I was wondering if there is a way in audacity to increase the volume of a song? if that's how you would say it.

I have a song I slowed by 10% and the plot specturm peak says 29hz at -9.2 Db. Is there a way to make it around -5Db? without creating distortion.

Thanks.

I'm confident in it as far as being partially effective, cause has that option. But in it being fully effective? Amplify the track so it's louder, without distortion? Not really confident cause it's a free program. Generally, need a very expensive program for that...

So feel free to take your chances. Maybe try to dd1 using it? Boost a track and rather than using the cd that came with dd1, use that track? Not sure it'll work cause dd1 needs those exact freq, but...just throwing out ideas.

Sheena = pedobear

I'm confident in it as far as being partially effective, cause has that option. But in it being fully effective? Amplify the track so it's louder, without distortion? Not really confident cause it's a free program. Generally, need a very expensive program for that...

So feel free to take your chances. Maybe try to dd1 using it? Boost a track and rather than using the cd that came with dd1, use that track? Not sure it'll work cause dd1 needs those exact freq, but...just throwing out ideas.

Yep, I see what you mean. I can amplify but it wont let me move the slider even .1db without having clipping..

EDIT: ok if i do a low pass seperately I can amplify below 80hz by 3db without clipping, so it says.

then your highs are louder than the bass. what id do is amplify it -10 db then go to equalization under effects boost the frequency closest to what you want then amplify it to .1 db so its is as loud as possible.

Archived