Sundown Audio

Two different amps. Same subwoofers?

mmotux

Do the subs share the same airspace? if they do no matter how you do it you will be putting different power to each sub. Then your crossovers on each amp will be different also (unless you CC-1 them). There for you are putting a different amount to each sub in the same airspace one will be working against the other. (something like that anyways) you can get into car audio without paying a arm and a leg. Start small and when you have the money them move up. But before you start adding a bunch of amps the first thing that needs to be done is the electrical. Period. If not your amps will start smoking anyways. Take your time. No need to rush. I've been working on my system for months now. There is over ten grand in it. No reason to rush to failure.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)
Sky High 1/0 OFC, 12 gauge and 8 gauge
TM Metalworkz battery terminals

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. You have to understand many of the questions on here are asked over and over again. One person asks a question, they get advice from four other people saying the same thing and then they want to question it. If I had a jl audio 500 watt amp and a crunch 500 watt amp I will bet my last dollar that they are not putting out the same amount of power. Now if it was two crunch amps or vis versa they would be pretty close. but different brands can be too far off. If your subs are in separate boxes and you want to do that then go ahead. But when adding another amp you also need to make sure your electrical can handle it. If not like I said before you will start seeing smoke.

Or each subwoofer has its own airspace but you will better off running just one amp until you can afford to upgrade. What equipment are you running, subs, amps and what is your electrical

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/177477-slowboring-07-trailblazer-build/

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

Do the subs share the same airspace? if they do no matter how you do it you will be putting different power to each sub. Then your crossovers on each amp will be different also (unless you CC-1 them). There for you are putting a different amount to each sub in the same airspace one will be working against the other. (something like that anyways) you can get into car audio without paying a arm and a leg. Start small and when you have the money them move up. But before you start adding a bunch of amps the first thing that needs to be done is the electrical. Period. If not your amps will start smoking anyways. Take your time. No need to rush. I've been working on my system for months now. There is over ten grand in it. No reason to rush to failure.

Thank you finally an answer other than just "NO". Each subwoofer is in its own airspace. "Dual 12' box with divider in the middle". So they do not share the same airspace. I recently upgraded all my electrical so that is OK. So if my electrical is fine. And the subwoofers aren't sharing the same airspace. Having one amp to one subwoofer and another to the other subwoofer each subwoofer would be getting different wattage obviously. How is this NOT going to be better for me? If all the circumstances are correct wouldn't it be even benifical? I'm looking at maybe 50+ watts (give or take depending on the amp). I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm arguing... And i'm not lol. I just want to be able to get the best out of what I have right now. It would be like they are just running separate. I'm obviously not an expert but I'm not dumb. just don't see what would be wrong with it if all the above is correct...I understand that it's frowned upon and only people that are fairly new to sound systems would do. But how is it TOTALLY wrong and why is it going to screw my shit up (If all is correct)?

Nothing wrong with that. You have to understand many of the questions on here are asked over and over again. One person asks a question, they get advice from four other people saying the same thing and then they want to question it. If I had a jl audio 500 watt amp and a crunch 500 watt amp I will bet my last dollar that they are not putting out the same amount of power. Now if it was two crunch amps or vis versa they would be pretty close. but different brands can be too far off. If your subs are in separate boxes and you want to do that then go ahead. But when adding another amp you also need to make sure your electrical can handle it. If not like I said before you will start seeing smoke.

Or each subwoofer has its own airspace but you will better off running just one amp until you can afford to upgrade. What equipment are you running, subs, amps and what is your electrical

My subwoofer are Two JL audio W1v2-4 12's. Amps i am talking about are Koiiler XM-6666 and Lanzar Vibe 220. Electrical is good.

You can do it if they have their own airspace. Not sure though how much you would gain. im looking at the amps as we speak though.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

The Koiiler amp is suppose to put out 170 watts bridged at 4 ohm. The lanzar is suppose to put out 400 by 1 at 4 ohm but is rated at 200 by 2 at 4 ohms. to be honest neither will put out what they say. I personally think you will be better off just running the lanzar on them but that is just me. What you can do is hook them both up and see if you can tell the difference. Either way you can get a decent dc, crescendo, soundqubed or another amp that would push those for not that much which would be your best bet. I would message CJ on here to see what he has (droppinhzcaraudio), the classifieds or even CL. I am sure you can get something better for those subs. You have decent subs with the JL. Those amps not being the best may give you a dirty signal even if you set them with a volt meter. This of course is your choice but just giving you my opinion. Not telling you your wrong or anything like that. Just telling you may thoughts. By the way I'll be 38 in a couple weeks so have been in the same shoes as you before.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)

DC Audio XL 15s (6)

VbjgkeI_zpsc016cd1e.jpg

The Koiiler amp is suppose to put out 170 watts bridged at 4 ohm. The lanzar is suppose to put out 400 by 1 at 4 ohm but is rated at 200 by 2 at 4 ohms. to be honest neither will put out what they say. I personally think you will be better off just running the lanzar on them but that is just me. What you can do is hook them both up and see if you can tell the difference. Either way you can get a decent dc, crescendo, soundqubed or another amp that would push those for not that much which would be your best bet. I would message CJ on here to see what he has (droppinhzcaraudio), the classifieds or even CL. I am sure you can get something better for those subs. You have decent subs with the JL. Those amps not being the best may give you a dirty signal even if you set them with a volt meter. This of course is your choice but just giving you my opinion. Not telling you your wrong or anything like that. Just telling you may thoughts. By the way I'll be 38 in a couple weeks so have been in the same shoes as you before.

Gotcha man thanks. I have ran both amps on th subs. Having bothed bridged to 2 ohms. And I bridged the lanzar to 2 ogms and it just shuts off. Can't handle it I guess. I have the Koiiler bridged right now to 2 ohms and it does fine. Should I use the lanzar instead and just run stereo? What do you think?

I would but that's just me. Honestly I doubt it puts out near the 200 its rated but just looked at the specs that's what I would do and save to get something a little better. At the end of the day its your best bet.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS
PRV 8MR400-NDY (eight)

PRV TW350Ti (6)

120 sqft Hushmat
XS Power D3100 (6)
Singer 350 Amp Alt

Singer 320 (2)
American Bass SQL3200

JL Audio JX360/4

Crossfire XS 8K (2)