2low4uneon Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 I am running a Crossfire 1000D and when certain songs come on with a lot of bass at high volume the amp will go into protection mode and when I turn it down a little it's fine keep in mind it doesn't happen all the time but once in awhile so I am wandering if I need a little more power and how much is good with these subs... These are the amps I was looking at Crossfire C3 704 and CROSSFIRE C3-102 AMP... keep in mind I don't do sound comps just enjoy loud bass... Thanks
truthsayer Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Maybe your crossfire amp is going into protect mode because of the gain settings. Possible your sending a distorted signal. If that crossfire is 1k rms it should pound the tar out of those two subs. truthsayer
2low4uneon Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 I am good at installation but when it comes to tuning I am a noob so I went to a shop and had that done awhile back...
truthsayer Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 That gain looks incredibly high. When set proper, i have never had a gain even at half way. And i damn sure wouldn't trust some shop. My bet they just set it by ear or to just where they thought it was thumping good. Needs to be set with either a DD-1 or an oscope. truthsayer
john253a Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Idd say it's the gain or bass boost With turn the gain down buy 1-2 or don't turn the h/u up so high Side note if your lessioning to Enhanced or songs that play -5 or -10 you could very well be clipping the hell out of them
2low4uneon Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 So is gain the one marked level? As far as watts I am wandering if adding a little more would be bad for the subs I don't want to blow them and not sure what they can handle...
RooTxBeeR Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Those subs are rated for 300 watts and if I'm correct are a 2 in voice coil, can't take much more than 500 for extended periods of time. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
2low4uneon Posted February 10, 2014 Author Report Posted February 10, 2014 That's what confuses me because some sites say 400w rms 800w max and some say 500w rms and I think when I bought them it said 400w rms 800w max... So was wandering what others have run?
RooTxBeeR Posted February 10, 2014 Report Posted February 10, 2014 Depends on the version. Later versions take a little more power than the previous ones. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.