Second Skin Audio

12 or 15?

Desousa93

I dont know if I wanna go 12 ported at 33hz or 15 sealed.. I have room but idk what would sound better. I want loud but sound good too

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

i would recomend you do more reading and less posting @ 33hz best reading fq there is

sealed box is easyer to build and generally have flatter fq responce across the band vs ported " not to say a ported cant do the same but generally require large boxes to do so."

look into the differences between sealed and ported as well as the specs of a would be driver then decide

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

ok so look into the specs of each. get a speaker modeling program like bassbox 6 pro. use the specs and see what works best. people on this site will not spoon feed you as i have already learned unless u have a real issue no ones just gonna hand you information.

being there the same series they should have the same motor so bl is consistant between the 2 choices. a 15 on the same power will be lower in ported v ported or sealed v sealed. if there both built to spec. again read before posting

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

If you ask me

What are your building skills like?

What do you mainly lission to?

How much net do you have?

1 im decent with wood working, fiberglass ima beginner but can get it for free so its a thought

2 i listen to alot of rap and hip hop from eminem to waka flocka gucci mane.. and the occasional dubstep

3 i have 4.47 cuft internally with a double baffle. no port just a box..

i have a shitty 10" powerbass in a seald box and i like the sound. so i was thinking a 12 ported would be nice but a 15 sealed would probably kill the lows?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Archived