Second Skin Audio

could a design like this work?

alaskanzx5

maybe1_zpsec51a08a.png

maybe1a_zpsdbbe6386.png

maybe1b_zps3bbb578d.png

ok so with a design like in the above pictures on the inside of the box next to the port (see picture 2) would that create any issues like one sub acting like it has more volume then the other or standing waves in the section next to the port?

also this would be a 2 common port wall design right?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yes that box would work out decent, and it wouldnt really be any different than a typical box with a side slot port and one woofer being closer to it than the other.

As for standing waves thats not something you really need to be worried about in a subwoofer box, that is unless you plan on playing mid-range frequencies through your sub stage, which at that point your kind of defeating the purpose of adding subwoofers to your car. LoL

I was just thinking about it for a minute, if that box is for your Ford Focus and its a hatchback, and if that side port like that really bugged you and you where after something more symmetrical looking.

You could maybe calculate the amount of port area you are after and than maybe due something like two 4inch or a single 6inch aeroport(s) between the 2 subs and have the woofers placed upward as close to the sides of the box and the ports in the middle firing up, or even back towards the hatch (if there is enough clearance between the box and the hatch for proper loading).

Just a thought.

Yeah I have a few ideas for 6" Ports but port area is low and I would have to bend or have a whole lot of external port that just won't fit in order to increase port area.

My other idea is a centered put with 1 common port wall 11-12 x 8. Wouldn't be much longer then the above idea to get the tuning I want.

I'm going to end up with like 3-4 different designs and i'm going to start with the must simple and cheapest and work through the designs until i'm happy with it. It will vary from 2 6 Ports in 5.5-6.5 cuft and a side and center slot port between 6.3-6.8 cuft.

Finding a compromise to fit both my 15s while still keeping the back seat like the wife wants will require some building and then rebuilding more then once most likely.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived