Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with tuning!


Rudemaxxx

Recommended Posts

Posted

I turned my LPF to 50 hz and my hpf front/rear to 125 like suggested. My subwoofers are on the On setting. I called up to a local audio shop who installed my products (i don't know enough of about electrical to do it myself) and they suggested to turn down the sensitivity a little and turn up the bass boost a little bit. After i did that it didn't help much then they suggested that I look at upgrading to a bigger box because mine is tuned to 41hz as a Atrend pro series ported box. So i'm gonna go up there and they're gonna drop my subs into a different box and let me hear it and see if that makes a difference. I have the TuneIt App on my phone for my Alpine HU but it won't let me change the bass settings, it just gives me the 9 band and standard high, mid, sub settings.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Posted

I guess I just don't really understand why when I changed my HU (to aftermarket from stock) and changed my door speakers, now all the sudden my subs lost the rumble. I guess with that being said, it's probably some settings inside my HU but I've changed my HU settings to what everyone has suggested between here on the forum and between the audio shop and I still just can't get my subs to sound like I want.

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Posted

ok turn your LPF filter a little higher to like 60 or 70hz,

Bass boost....if you want to clip it turn it on but i suggest you to set bass boost at ZERO

Do you have an amplifier for the subwoofer? if so raise the gain a little more

there is also a setting on the alpine HU, which is when you click Audio there is Subwoofer and then bass, mid,....

in Subwoofer turn it to +14 or +15....then you should hear your subs rumble some more

Alpine radios have a habbit to not let the sub play well no mater how much you turn the gain up, IF you did not turn the Subwoofer on the radio to +14 or +15

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Posted

ok turn your LPF filter a little higher to like 60 or 70hz,

Bass boost....if you want to clip it turn it on but i suggest you to set bass boost at ZERO

Do you have an amplifier for the subwoofer? if so raise the gain a little more

there is also a setting on the alpine HU, which is when you click Audio there is Subwoofer and then bass, mid,....

in Subwoofer turn it to +14 or +15....then you should hear your subs rumble some more

Alpine radios have a habbit to not let the sub play well no mater how much you turn the gain up, IF you did not turn the Subwoofer on the radio to +14 or +15

Yes i have a 1kw amp. I got a new box today and found out that i actually blew out my old box and broke it in multiple places. I got a bigger box that reaches 33hz and it sounds GREAT! Thanks for all the help though!

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Posted

Got a dd1?

This is gonna be a nooby question, but what exactly does a DD1 do and why should i get one?

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Posted

I'm gonna go up to my audio shop in town and I think am gonna upgrade to the Sundown SAZ-1500d v3, so I'll have them do the gain settings for me cus I'm lazy :P

Welcome to my sig :D

My build on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4:

2 Sundown SA 12's

Sundown SAZ 1500d v3

Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Hertz 165 Speakers

Atrend Carbon Enclosure

Stinger SPP925 Battery

Sky High 2/0 & 1/0 Power Wire & Big 3

:domodance::domodance: Legal 145.2 dB. :morepower1: Team Sundown. :domodance::domodance:

cd64929e-8a60-41ea-b784-c5c6096f49b8_zps

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3199 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...