Aftermarket integration on OEM system

14Fusion

I just purchased a 2014 Ford Fusion, the car looks amazing, but the sound is crap. I have been looking around for wiring diagrams and how to integrate an aftermarket system into the car, but have found nothing.

Any recommendations on how to find what wires are speaker wires? Also, alternatives to an aftermarket remote wire seem to be using a fuse under the dash, is this really the best way to do it?

2014 Ford Fusion SE
MyFord Touch with Nav
All speakers are in doors, none on the back deck.

If there is anything else to get a good answer let me know.

your factory radio should have it's own remote turn-on wire that you can just tap into. Otherwise using the 12v cigarette lighter (if those still come in cars these days) works as well. You could always unplug the harness and run a single set of wires across to figure out which wires go where.

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

Check the 12volt.com or Google search it

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Found this its for an 2013 but they should be similar. Look at one of the last posts guy named Anthony says how he did it in his

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52931-2013-fusion-sub-install/

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

the12volt.com, a multimeter and pretty much anything from audio control. that's how I did it in my 12 focus. If you have the sony audio you will have to keep the factory amp and you can get most every wire you need right off of that. I found a remote turn on in the trunk, and ran another one from under the hood so my sub turns off with the key and mids and highs stay on till the door opens. it will take some time but not too hard.

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

Radio 12V

Radio Ground

Radio Ignition

Radio Illumination

Factory Amp Turn-on

Power Antenna

Left Front Speaker (+/-)

Right Front Speaker (+/-)

Left Rear Speaker (+/-)

Right Rear Speaker (+/-)

Center Channel (+/-)

Subwoofer (+/-)

Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-)

Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-)

RSE Video (+/-)

RSE Audio Left (+/-)

RSE Audio Right (+/-)

Satellite Radio 12 Volts

Satellite Radio Ground

Satellite Radio Ignition

Satellite Radio Antenna

Satellite Audio Left (+/-)

Satellite Audio Right (+/-)

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Wire Color

white/brown

black/gray

(HS CAN)

(HS CAN)

purple/red

green/purple

white - white/brown

white/purple - white/orange

white/green - brown/yellow

brown/white - brown/blue

green - gray/yellow (F); green/brown - pur/brn ®

green/purple - gray (L); purple - yellow ®

blue - gray/orange (SYNC audio)

purple/green - brown/white (SYNC audio)

white/green - brown/purple (rear view camera)

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Polarity

+

-

+

+

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

+,-

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Wire Location

radio, 24 pin plug, pin 1

radio, 24 pin plug, pin 13

radio, 26 pin plug, pin 18

radio, 24 pin plug, pin 2

radio, 24 pin plug, pins 22 and 10

radio, 24 pin plug, pins 23 and 11

radio, 24 pin plug, pins 21 and 9

radio, 24 pin plug, pins 24 and 12

amplifier in R side of trunk, 16 pin plug, pins 1 and 9; 5 and 13

amplifier in R side of trunk, 16 pin plug, pins 2 and 10; 1 and 9

radio, 26 pin plug, pins 12 and 25

radio, 26 pin plug, pins 13 and 26

SYNC Module/display, 54 pin plug, pins 14 and 15

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Photo

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Note

has_item_note.gif

has_item_note.gif

has_item_note.gif

has_item_note.gif

I used this to add a remote to my vw. No hacking required and easily removable, they have them for regular and mini fuses. Just use a test light or meter to find a key on fuse in the interior panel.

http://www.amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392424162&sr=8-1&keywords=fuse+tap

Archived