Second Skin Audio

Tax returns = upgrade!?! ;-). Ideas for DD?

Kenny Clark

So the wife says we are getting some cha Ching back from Uncle Sam! After we pay for this years trip to Cali and some bills I think I want to do an upgrade. Don't want this to turn into a Vs thread so just ideas/opinions if you care to jump in. :-).

Want to shit can the Skars and go to something with a little more...I am going to continue to use the Skar 800.1 for power(for now) so what do you think would make a mate to it in the $2-300 range. I'm sure I would have to go to one sub due to my power situation. Oh and going in the extra cab of an 05 Silverado.

Ok.... I'll stop. Lol. I'm throwing this into the cage.

Thanks! :-)

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

2-Deep cycle Marine Batteries

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

based on what you just said your current system is the best option. You probably wont be happy going from two subs to one on same power. You would more then likely be disappointed.

You think 2 entry level subs would be better than one "better" sub? I know I'm really sounding like a noob here...lol. I've just seen a lot of nice single set ups. Think I'd have to spend more $$ to make that happen?

95 Civic 4 door-

2005 Chevy SilveradoSkar 15' IVX (2)Skar SK 800.1DSkar SK 85.4 A/B - Yet to be installed

Big 3

A whole shit load of 1/0 welding cable. Lil overkill for what I have but I have it so Im using it!

there is a lot of variables involved. Sure you could build a perfect box for one sub and do really well. but if you have a decent box now with two subs then you have twice the cone area of a single sub set up.

on only 800 watts there wont be a drastic change i think

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I understand. I prob fail to realize what is being used in said set ups. Ya...it's a small deal I have but it's what I have. Lol. I wish I could go bigger....guess that's what the Member Vid section on here is for! Lol. I love seeing the huge talent on here. Thanks guys.

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

if you wanted to upgrade id take that 2-300 bucks plus selling your amp and buy a decent 2k amp. that way you set yourself up for future upgrades

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Yup....copy the bigger amp. Oh I see what your doing here!!! Bigger amp...noob...blows Skars in 2 weeks...has to buy new subs! I like the way you think my friend!!!

95 Civic 4 door-

Big 3

Archived