Mounting amp to box?

stick your forehead on the box. if you don't like the vibration you get when your system is going, then niether will your amp. These rubber corks are good for mounting amps. doesn't eliminate vibration completely. so a solid box is key here.

http://www.widgetco.com/rubber

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

There is no magical product that amplifier companies sell that eliminates box vibration. you either:

1. Build a SOLID box, with bracing maybe even some fiberglass.

2. Find some way to dampen the vibration when mounting the amps. (The link I provided. Like I said there is no "amplifier mounting rubber pieces". Be creative)

3. Don't give a fuck about mounting the amp to the box screw it down, call it a day. and hope to god you don't vibrate components of the amplifier off the board.

4. Make an amp rack not attached to the box. make sure it doesn't move around in the trunk. (assuming it is a trunk car)

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I wouldn't mount to the box at all. I think what you are looking for are grommets. But they really won't do a thing. It will probably be better to have your amp as tight on the box as possible if you are going to do it that way

yes because having your amp mounted tight up against a vibrating board is the best option out there.

I wouldn't mount to the box at all. I think what you are looking for are grommets. But they really won't do a thing. It will probably be better to have your amp as tight on the box as possible if you are going to do it that way

yes because having your amp mounted tight up against a vibrating board is the best option out there.

I figured it might slow down the vibrations going to tha amp. Throw some some grommets in between the amp and the box and I'm pretty sure it would rattle more. But if you read the very first sentence I typed then you know what I would do.

As of right now I have a separate board I have my amp mounted to but It just doesn't look as clean and it takes up more space and moves around some so I thought maybe just mounting stuff directly to the box would work out better. I obviously knew vibration or w.e you call it or consider it would be an issue and that's why I asked what people who have mounted amps to boxes have used to help. I get that I can't fully eliminate it but I know you can take precautions to help with it. I'll just try to find something else to mount it to other then the box. It's in an expedition so maybe I'll just Meade it and mount them under the seat or on the seat or something.

Archived