Second Skin Audio

15" fi Q bandpass help

kbass302

I have a 15" fi Q, i wanna build either a 4th order, or a 6th order. any help on what to tune it to, what ratio to use, and what size the sealed portion needs to be.
i have extra spiders on my sub, only upgrade i have.
ANY input is great, thanks!

headunit: pioneer 1400DVDsub stage: FI Q 15 D2sub amp: VVME inno-d 1500

voice amp: VVME 4 channel 4080.2nd battery: Soundquest SQB2000 2nd batterywiring:run of stinger ofc 4 gauge to 2nd battery

sky high and knu 0 gauge to bass ampsub box: custom ported box, 3.73^3 tuned to 32hz

rca's: stinger 6000 for basskicker 4 channel for voice

front stage:JBL gto608crear stage:renegade 6.2c

I have a 15" fi Q, i wanna build either a 4th order, or a 6th order. any help on what to tune it to, what ratio to use, and what size the sealed portion needs to be.

i have extra spiders on my sub, only upgrade i have.

ANY input is great, thanks!

Looking at your sig it looks that your ported box is not too efficient (not seen port area also) and the amp is also not the best out there so who knows if that's has something to do with why you are unhappy with your ported box.

Anyways to ballpark the size of a 4th bandpass you take the sealed suggested net (say 2.6) and then multiply by your wanted chamber ratio, say 2:1, so 5.2 then add both, that is 7.8 net, from there you can get your external dimensions and see if you can even fit the damn thing.

Archived