Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

Any more measurements and it just starts getting confusing lol

tlinemeasurmentspart2.png

What it looks like in Sketchup (For the 45s, I measured 10" Out to keep it a constant 10")

tlinesketchuppart1.png

tline215s.png

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

early morning here, but looks ok to me..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Hi 
Just wondering why people are using 45's not a smooth outside curve? Just for easy construction or is it some T Line thing? I would have thought they way most people are doing it (the obove sketchup being an exception) narrows the line because of the 45's going right through the diagonal of the corner. The way the guy above has done stops it narrowing more than the straight line area but still creates variation in the line area and I guess (no T Line experience but plenty w/ slot ported builds) this would create turbulence and affect the air speed in the line?
Will try put up a pic later to show what i mean if that just made no sense.

Just for ease of construction really, it probably would be better to to a smooth curve, but that requires much more work.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Have the speakers for a 3 Way setup that I started and didn't finish. 2x 3 Channel amps, one for each side feeding the T M and W, signal from a buffered line level XO. Only did one XO board and it tested fine, never changed the amp (homebuilt) from stereo to 6ch or 2x 3ch. Seeing these I think I'll build up a T Line Woofer w/ the T and M in a sealed box to sit on top. Might forget the line level XO for now and mess with some components to get a feel for the XO points I chose. Anyway, not really on topic, heres the 8" woofer cab. Is 1200 H x 316 W x 442 D. The Line with is 280 as I have based the design around 280 wide boards to make life easy.

http://www.facebook....&type=3

EDIT, sorry just the link, don't use a photo host, the forum wouldn't link to FB or take the image directly.

http://imgur.com/a/y75ER

I'm a new guy to the forums, and this just happens to be my first post.

I used the info on the first page to design a quarter wave box for my Polk DB1040, which I have been running sealed for about a year now. It's being powered by a Polk PA330, which is giving the sub 200 watts. All in all, I was satisfied with how it sounded in the small sealed box, but I had been reading up on quarter wave theory, and it caught my interest. I honestly didn't know what to expect when I put it in, but all I can say is woah. It is unbelievably loud! I'm still in shock I think at how loud this enclosure actually gets. I haven't made any adjustments to the amp yet, I'll wait for the sun to come back out, but off of first impressions, I'm floored. I've got a neighbor with 2 P3's off a Rockford T1000, and he's running sealed. I let him listen to the new setup, and he turned green with jealousy! He thinks my 1 10" is as loud as his 2 12's. I think that's a bit optimistic, but close!

Archived