Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

also have a design i did in sketch up just dont know how to upload / attach it...

Would love to see the sketchup.

Create a free account on a photo hosting site such as Photobucket and upload the pics.

Then copy the "IMG" code into your post.

M2 is square meters. There are 1550 square inches in a square meter so:

.053*1550=82 sq in

'09 Sierra Ext Cab - under construction

(1) RF T2500-1 -running- (4) RF T1 12's

(1) RF T1000-4 -running- (2) RF T1652-S

Stock alt / battery -plus- (1) DC Power 230a & (2) Kinetik 1800

Buncha OFC Knu

Buncha Second Skin

Kenwood DDX814 - Alpine Imprint - RF 360.3

ok thank you and i will, just have to sketch up another design being i used the wrong Sd (91.478) ..that gave me a 13 by 7" port area so my new correct design will be based on 82 inches..also i wasnt planning on using any stuffing only because on the smd forum it was never mentioned...if i have to i will tho-i think that i will continue to use my 13" wide still which ends up being 13" by 6.30", with my speakers mounting depth at 5.11" a front baffle added should keep the back of my speaker far enough away from the back wall to prevent any problems, if i am wrong please corrrect me, thank you for your help.

vvxtline.png

Built the sketchup I posted in here a few posts back. No 45's in the finished one. rounded all interior bends with a router and I am going to resin the inside and outside to seal all interior joints and seal the outside for paint. I made a circle jig for my router..and used a roundover on all exterior edges yesterday. Also sanded it and got ready for resin.

It comes out to 28-29hz tuning if anyones interested.

IMG_20121126_163000.jpg

IMG_20121126_163007.jpg

IMG_20121126_195559.jpg

Idk how im finishing it yet. Imma resin the inside and test it out once I get my basket back to build my sub. Should hav eit playing by this weekend. Then if I like it imma paint or bedline it. Im liking the texture speckled paint that I have seen on a few boxes.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

are you using resin inside the box for performance or by hardening the wood or is it just a way to seel it ?

also if anyone has any help they can give or any tips i have a sketch up done a few posts up -im going to be using 45's instead of the shown round bends...any better ideas or bracing i should do ?

after reading this post from the beginning since it started in 2006 i have a overload of tline obsession, i really just want some veiws on my box from all the "pros" who make up this forum

Archived