Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

should be ok with them both in the rear deck.

dont think isobaric would help a t-line much

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

should be ok with them both in the rear deck.

dont think isobaric would help a t-line much

"Isobaric - Bass Reflex

If space is at a premium or just a smaller enclosure is desired, an isobaric design may be used. The volume of the enclosure wil be approximately half the space of the above enclosure with the same results. The downside is you will need two woofers vs. one and the output will be the same."

Has Anybody Ever Tried it?

I really want to do a 2 10 box, like the one done at the very beginning of this Thread.

But I just can't fit something that big.

But if I did one like Forevrbumpn built for the Jeep Grand Cherokee And I add a second a sub to it... whats the worst that can happen? Could I hurt something? Or would it just not sound right?

A t-line requires a lot of space. Using two drivers couple together would not improve the performance significantly. If you want to save space just put both subs on the t-line separately. It will get more output than an isobaric setup and probably be more musical than one as well, and have better power handling.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I have a question, Im interested in trying a t-line for an 8" I have sitting at the house. But the QMS is 14.5 and the QTS and QES is .6

Thats alittle bit higher than what was recommended by Forevrbumpn, will this effect much?

I have a question, Im interested in trying a t-line for an 8" I have sitting at the house. But the QMS is 14.5 and the QTS and QES is .6

Thats alittle bit higher than what was recommended by Forevrbumpn, will this effect much?

your sub will probably have a high peak at it's fs instead of having a flatter response.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

your sub will probably have a high peak at it's fs instead of having a flatter response.

I realized its F/S is 49 hz =/

Im not to thrilled about that. But if I tune it to its F/S, what kind of sound should i get?

Ive got the whole thing planned out, I may even build it just to see how it goes (since its my first one) but Im j/w what I should expect out of the little guy.

I realized its F/S is 49 hz =/

Im not to thrilled about that. But if I tune it to its F/S, what kind of sound should i get?

Ive got the whole thing planned out, I may even build it just to see how it goes (since its my first one) but Im j/w what I should expect out of the little guy.

49 hz isn't tooo bad imo depending on how low you want to go & what you listen to. I built a t-line with a cheap pyle 8" at it's 60 hz (fs) it doesn't like rap but sound alright with country & some rock. So might at well try it & see.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

I like low and SQ, I listen to everything except country.

Its a Polk Audio sub I pick up super cheap a while back and I have extra wood laying around. So I figured I might as well try a t-line out and see what it does.

Thanks for the help man, when I start working on it Ill through a thread up in the Enclosures area.

Ok so I finished my transmission line for my elemental designs 13kv.4 (Image Dynamics build house) and I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the performance of it. Granted I build the box right at the Fs of the sub (I believe it was 21hz) which gave me about a 5cf box. Anyway this thing get low indeed but I notice the upper ranged bass still was a bit less to be desired. So I'm wondering if I build a second line and instead of tuning at the Fs of the sub I go to around 35hz - 40hz will get increase the upper bass range output while still keeping some of the lows? Thinking the line instead of being almost 13ft long would go down to around 8 to 9ft, and I could use acoustic filler to stuff the line if need be.

Edit: Let me know if the pictures don't show

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

289180_2140776732638_1642786608_2155881_3654992_o.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

Archived