We've updated our Homepage! Click HERE to check it out!

Forevrbumpn

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Can someone tell me how to do a multiple woofer setup? i need to know how to position the subwoofers in the enclosure

How many woofers are you doing?

alrighty bumpn.... I am going to take out the DD1508 and I wanna use a 6.5" in a T-line for my sub. I wanted to find someone to build me a beast little piece, but I doubt thats gonna happen....

... unless you feel you could make that happen :drinks: It looks like its gonna be the DDW6.5 in a T-line. The Fs for it is 36Hz, but I went with 40Hz, for a couple reasons... it fit the truck better and I think 36 was a little low for a 6.5". If you could please sir, chech the math for me. Truck is 46" wide, 3/4 mdf, aprox. 5.6 accross the driver gives me a port mouth of 24.8^2". 40Hz is 83.497" line length. making the port mouth 5.75" tall X 4.25" wide. Does this all sound about right? if you need or want me to give more detail, please let me know. Also, Foreverbumpn... This was/is a very informative thread. I just did a T-line for smokedoutimpalla, using an MTX 4508 and he fricking loves it. He has it posted in his build log. I think he is going to get my DD1508 off of me, when I get the DDW6.5 thanks man, get back to me soon.

p.s. any one gonna be at SBN?

Edited by jhmeg2

Did anyone ever end up doing a t-line with 15s or a blow through?

I plan on having Forevrbumpn build me something for one of my vehicles. I'm sure its going to be crazy.

Did anyone ever end up doing a t-line with 15s or a blow through?

I plan on having Forevrbumpn build me something for one of my vehicles. I'm sure its going to be crazy.

KTM, I don't know if we talked about it, but yes I have done tlines on 15s, and 18s, and multiple subs

in that space for that blow thru its possible to 1-15 tuned to around 40hz, and it should slam, and get really low

but with how small you want the entrance in to the cab, I think bandpass will be the best bet

Just do 1- 10"x10" port

Sounds good, I still have yet to hear a t-line box but from what I understand they sound great. I am not too worried about a huge hole for the blow through, I can always weld it back up. I guess I could just brace what ever ends up getting cut out.

KTM, I don't know if we talked about it, but yes I have done tlines on 15s, and 18s, and multiple subs

in that space for that blow thru its possible to 1-15 tuned to around 40hz, and it should slam, and get really low

but with how small you want the entrance in to the cab, I think bandpass will be the best bet

Just do 1- 10"x10" port

Yo Bumpn,

When are you going to fix the pics in this thread? I'm trying to understand your formulas and what not, but dude pics of what your talking about goes a long long way in helping a visual learner out. :give_rose:

Edited by pervitizm

Hi guys... Been awhile since I was able to log in here! I just got my hands on a 15 inch Crystal Comp, wondering if going with a TLine will be worth the time and effort? I wanna tune it to the sub's fs but I'm not sure how big the Tline is going to be? Website says fs is 29 Hz... I'm now more into loud and clear kinda stuff... I also wanna know if a 500 watts rms amp be enough??? I'm kinda lost using your formula so I thought of posting it here.... Thanx....