PC Maintaining software

Since I am in the process of building a computer, I also want to take another look at the programs I use to keep my computer clean, fast and running at it's best. And to see what else is availible out their. Now I know there is a topic aboit virus protection already, and that is not what I am directing this topic too. I am talking about entire care. Now another reason I am reevalulating what I use, is I am going to start paying for everything I use. I am tried of having to re download key files every so often and re-rig my software to run illegaly. For AV I use Kaspersky, but looking at trying Nod32. For Malware, I use Malwarebytes, I will look at all suggestions but I really like Malwarebytes. it is free and does a great job, so no need having a expense there in my eyes. PC Clean up I use CCleaner free version, which I really like it's registry cleaner, one of the strongest and deepest cleaners I have used. I use Advanced System Care for the rest of my pc cleaning needs. I have ran both CClean and ASC and they both clean junk to the same extent but CCleaner's registry cleaner I seem to find always just a few more than ASC. I also really love ASC because of the control it gives me over my computer. For those that don't know it, there are portions of it that allow me to change lots of stuff to my PC. Like making you have to use ctrl + alt + del to bring up the login screen at login, disabling the shutdown button on login screen. Setting priority to start up processes, CD and Drive Autoplay and many other things. I love this ability so if you suggestion something to replace this as my PC Cleaner because you believe your suggestion is better. Just keep in mind that's not the only thing it does.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bump

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Cmon I know some people know some other software out there.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Im interested in this for sure as well.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

I mean honeslty youve got it pretty well covered. Malware bytes is good. Cc cleaner is fine.

Only thing I might add is a defrag every once in a while.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Speaking of defrag, I don't know what it is, but if I use the stock defrag. It does it in a minute and says everything is fine. Makes me think something is wrong lol, the ASC program has a defrag that comes with it.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Hmmm I never ran asc and a 1 min defrag is fast. But how long have you ran the current install? If not very long its possible not much has gotten messy. Perhaps your programs do a good job of keeping up on fragmented files..

Ive never ran an ssd, but if you are perhaps the time it takes to defrag is much shorter..

Usually I let it run overnight, as im used to the good ole days where it takes hours. I couldnt tell you how long my current setup takes, I just set it and forget it.. prolly like 3 times a year..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

It's a old laptop, I have had several BSOD to which why it's wierd, I know the HDD isn't spot free lol. I am to, I miss the XP defragmenter.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yea.. it honeslty should a couple min at least even on a fresh install. But if everything is ok otherwise, worry not.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Are you running on an SSD? If you're on an SSD then defrag is next to useless. The added speed benefit of defragging an SSD is next to nothing and you're just chewing up write cycles and killing the drive faster by running it.

If you want a third-party tool to defrag a hard drive with then you can run Defraggler. It's made by Piriform (same company that makes CCleaner) and is free. https://www.piriform.com/defraggler

It should be noted that Windows 7 and 8 run scheduled defrags on the hard drive at least once a week, which is likely why your manual defrags finish so quickly. Windows 8 also better supports SSD's by running a TRIM command and clearing out blocks of memory that have been flagged for garbage collection to keep the drive running smoothly.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived