d3100 OR 100' 1/0 spool for multiples runs

Yea I was saying both as well.. I mean a 270xp and 3 d3100s would prolly do fine on 500a of draw, but one run of wire is a serious bottleneck.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

funny how people want to only run wire for what the alt is rated for.. if he is only running 1 battery at front its good to have multiple runs. even though the alt is 270 amps the amplifiers will draw more amps then that.. lets say he has a 5k amp that draws 550 amps that one run wont handle the amperage thus having major voltage drop and even wire failure.. if he has a back battery bank he can get away with less runs since he will draw most of the power from the rear bank.. i myself will be running 2 runs of 4/0 wire on a saz 3500 v.2 and a sax 200.4 which i think will be in the 450 - 500 amp draw. im running enough wire to handle a 1200 amp draw

OP.. if your amp is rated to draw 500a at one ohm and you are trying to supply that current at .5 ohm you will have a bad time.. when you wire lower than what the amp is stable the efficiency goes down and you will actually draw way more amperage that its rated for.. if youre not willing to do both upgrades then i suggest running it at 1 ohm or find another hobby

Archived